Camera stopped working properly - lines on images/videos

AreQrm
AreQrm Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My cam suddenly stopped working today during Zoom call.
Instead of normal video there are some lines completly messing with the video/pictures. Then it went all black.
I tried restarting.
Updating driver.
Uninstalling device (and restarting) so then windows installed drivers again. This get me back to picture with lines. Below are examples of how it looks like. This was taken with windows camera app, it looks same online or in zoom. Any other ideas?
It was bought couple of months ago here in UK.

Laptop is Acer Aspire 5 A515-54G-58QG

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    @AreQrm
    Completely updated your window 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Collyd21
    Collyd21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Exactly same thing happened to me last week and have been trying everything to get it back working. Anyone have a solution?
  • AreQrm
    Sadly nothing helped me us well.
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    @AreQrm
    step A
    1. click on window icon thenEnter troubleshoot in the search box, and click Troubleshoot settings.troubleshoot error code 0xa00f4271
    2. Next, select the Microsoft Store App troubleshooter within the Settings window that opens.
    3. Then click the Run this troubleshooter button.windows store apps troubleshooter error code 0xa00f4271
    4. Thereafter, users can go through the resolutions provided by the troubleshooter.
    5. Restart Window and check
    STEP B
    • Click on window icon Camera app and right click on the camera app result
    • Under right-click context menu select App settings
    • Under camera app settings, scroll and locate & hit the reset buttonWindows 10 Camera Settings Reset
    • Confirm your action by selecting the reset button and again
    After doing above steps make sure you give permission go to settings and click on the Privacy category. Select Camera under the App permissions section on the left. On the right panel, you have to turn on the setting “Allow apps to access your camera“. Scroll down to locate the Camera app and grant permission for it to access the webcam.

That’s it. Now check and see if Windows 10 Camera app is working.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Lobo44
    Lobo44 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue with my Aspire 5 . Tried everything but haven't got the solution .. @areQrm &collyd21 have you guys found a solution ?
  • AreQrm
    Sadly nothing helped me us well.
  • What happens when you reinstall windows, pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)