Acer Nitro N50-600 UR14 | BIOS won't let me select new SSD as primary boot option

Options
Ben24687
Ben24687 Member Posts: 4 New User
I've done all I can, disabled secure boot, switched SATA mode from Optane (stupid intel), cloned the HDD over using Samsungs clone wizard. Help? There is no option to use m.2 as primary boot drive.

And if I disconnect the SATA HDD the only option is windows boot manager... which it just tells me to put in/connect a proper disk to continue

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Something went wrong duruing the clonning, you have to do it again, try different free clonning software. If everithing is right you should see two entrie of the win. boot manager.
               Please click yes if I have answered your question
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Ben24687
    Ben24687 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Actually, for the Acer Nitro N50-600 series PC there was an update to the BIOS that fixed the issue. It was not a cloning issue
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Great  glad that your issue is resolved!
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• SeboLop
    SeboLop Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi I, actualy have a fix for this one, well the thing is that from the pictures you are in UEFI mode and you have to be in legacy. To do that you have to create a password (in security tab it think ) to unlock the csm tab wich is their you can switch from the UEFI to Legacy. Once you are in legacy you will now be able to see your ssd drives. the UEFi is a new version of the typical bios but it's seems very restrictive. How ever you may be facing a other problem that i'm having right now with the boot order : it won't find the ssd drive (but this could be because i have 3 drive conected). Good luck.