Nitro 5 AN515-52-54V8 not booting. keyboard flashes

PeteStark
PeteStark Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Please can someone help my nitro 5 isn't booting. When you press the power button the blue light comes on the side and the keyboard flashes every 5 seconds but nothing else happens. Have tried the battery reset. 

Answers

• saninja
    saninja Member Posts: 6 New User
    yeah i have the same issue idk the fix it permanantly from happenening again but every time it does that then hold the power button for 10 seconds to force shutdown it then press it again but normally and it should pop up with the acer boot logo - if its still black then repeat force shutdown and on again.
  • rockyboy612
    rockyboy612 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Anyone got a fix yet?

I even tried opening it and removing the battery then holding the power button for 12 secs

Issue remains
    Press power, blue light is on
    Blue light flashes on and off together with the keyboard
    Turn off after a few blinks

If i plug the charger the orange light turns on
  • PeteStark

Tinkerer

I’ve fixed my issue by removing one of the sticks of ram then booting with just the one stick in. It then booted happily several times. Then put second ram stick back in and all has been fine since. 
  • Rajitg
    Rajitg Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited June 2021
    Any updates in this? I am facing the same issue. Keyboard light flickering at interval of 5 sec and laptop screen is black. Laptop not opening.

If I force shutdown and open after sometime, the laptop is getting opened but automatically crashing in between and getting green static screen

• Rajitg
    @alinaaa you some spammer or what?!?, the link you shared is for dishwasher!

Anyone, has any idea on the possible issue?

• Rektirino
    Rektirino Member Posts: 3 New User
    @Rajitg @PeteStark were you able solve the issue? I'm facing a similar issue.
  • PeteStark

Tinkerer

Rektirino said:
    Yes by removing one stick of ram and then booting. 
  • Rajitg
    PeteStark said:
    Rektirino said:
    Yes, I had an extra 8gb RAM installed,after this I was facing issue. I removed the additional RAM after which it started working fine thinking that the RAM is faulty. I got the secondary RAM replaced, again I am facing the same issue!
    Does this support only 8 gb RAM? Why is this giving error if I insert one more additional RAM???
  • PeteStark

Tinkerer

Rajitg said:
    PeteStark said:
    Rektirino said:
    Yes, I had an extra 8gb RAM installed,after this I was facing issue. I removed the additional RAM after which it started working fine thinking that the RAM is faulty. I got the secondary RAM replaced, again I am facing the same issue!
    Does this support only 8 gb RAM? Why is this giving error if I insert one more additional RAM???
    Mine had two 4gb sticks in it, once I had removed one and booted I put the other one back in and it booted up fine with both in. 
  • PeteStark

Tinkerer

Rajitg said:
    PeteStark said:
    Rektirino said:
    Mine had two 4gb sticks in it, once I had removed one and booted I put the other one back in and it booted up fine with both in. 🤷‍♂️
  • Baikoko09
    Baikoko09 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2021
    PeteStark said:
    I’ve fixed my issue by removing one of the sticks of ram then booting with just the one stick in. It then booted happily several times. Then put second ram stick back in and all has been fine since. 
    Followed your advice and it totally worked! Thanks!!
  • Gico
    Gico Member Posts: 1 New User
  • 17X17
    17X17 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just had this issue, can confirm this works! Thanks!

• Rikho777
    Rikho777 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2022

This works man i think the issue maybe because of the ram as well because i just cleaned all my laptop and then saw this and tried this trick and it worked no [Content Removed]

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

• Vicqui
    Vicqui Member Posts: 1 New User

Ram removing works still in aug 2023

• Abduldabbit_10
    Abduldabbit_10 Member Posts: 2 New User

ram removing still works in feb 2024 just did it