Acer Aspire 3 A315-41-R18T Camera

Gordanski
Gordanski Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have Windows 10 Home 64bit installed and just purchased the laptop.
Set up the camera on Windows 10 settings and loaded Zoom app for meeting.
Audio and mic working fine through Zoom control panel. Tried video and no camera detected message. On line instructions for laptop say light next to camera should be on but it isn't. Manual doesn't give any information about physically switching the camera on through the laptop not Windows. I have Acer Care Centre installed but no mention of camera. Can any one tell me how to switch it on. Can't see an Acer programme installed for this.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    Are all the camera options turned or detected  in camera Privacy settings from the Windows start menu? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,475 Pathfinder
    @GordanskiSome problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Gordanski
    Hi Jack thanks for the quick response. Yes as far as I know I've set the camera up for access by any app on the privacy settings but the light next to the camera is not on. Should there be a separate Acer software on the windows pop up Installed Apps pane for the camera to switch it on?
  • JackE
    Open Win start menu. Search 'camera'. Any ACER camera software should appear near the top of the box. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gordanski
    Thanks to everyone who responded. Solved the problem. Opened Device Manager/Camera/VGA Webcam right clicked Enable Camera.
    Image appeared & camera light on. Again thanks to everyone for their quick responses.   
  • JackE
    Congrats on your success. Odd that the settings menu didn't accomplish the same thing. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KLM2018
    KLM2018 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I also have an Aspire laptop, A315-41-R3RF and I cannot access my camera.  It no longer appears on my list in Device Manager anywhere.  I had trouble over a  month ago and had McAfee go thru my computer and they were able to resolve it and I was ok until the other day.  I feel like removing cookies may have wiped it out again.  I had McAfee try again last night but with no luck this time.The unit is only 1 1/2 years old, this shoud not be an issue.  Any ideas??  Thanks for any input.
  • Cookie21
    Cookie21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a new Acer A315...it says in setting that It cant find a camera???  I went into Device manager and theres not an option there for camera either. Really need the camera for work