XB271HU No Signal after Screen Replacement

WalPOW
WalPOW Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
My daughter knocked over a lamp that hit the screen, cracking the LCD monitor that she worked so hard to buy. I called Acer & they sold me a replacement LCD panel.
After installing the replacement, it powered on & showed Predator logo/splash screen. I was able to do the RGB test from the menu & the OSD menus work.
However, when I plug it into a Roku using HDMI or her computer using Display Port, I get the No Signal error.
Noes anyone have any suggestions? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Are you certain you got all four of those flat cables back in solidly? It's not hard to have them almost in place...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • WalPOW
    WalPOW Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited April 2020
    After reseating all the cables again it still didn't work. I switched back to the bad LCD panel and it also didn't work so I knew it was something else.
    Then I noticed the 6 pin plug on the side had wires sticking out past the plug. I used the pointed spudger to push all the wires in all the way & it worked.

This can now be marked at Fixed/Solved
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Just click the "Yes" on "Did this answer the question?" and it'll be so marked. The next person with the same question will get it moved high in their queue o answers. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.