System temp in Predator Sense - Predator Orion 3000

Options
dr_bidine
dr_bidine Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hello guys !!

I have a Predator Orion 3000

I was wondering about the system temp in predator sense ? 

I changed my cpu fan, and now 29°idle to 75° in extrem load, I also changed my gpu RTX 2070 to EVGA RTX 2070 Super, now 70°C max load in 4K (29°C in idle too), and now my system temp grow up until 55°C (before it was max 35°C).

So, what about this system temp ? Is it HDD temp ?

Please could someone give me some informations about system temp ?

Many thanks in advance.

My material changes :
CPU fan G100M Cooler master
EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming
32 go RAM Crucial (2x 8go RAM more)
EVGA 750W GQ (Bought but not yet installed)

Next planned improvement :
SSD 4to (I found the enough space into the case)
Maybe RAM up to 64go

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,756 Pathfinder
    Options
    @dr_bidine
    You can reduce the temp by increasing the fan speed also by using cooling pad. 
    But on the Nitro and predator always the temp will be high since people play heavy games on these units.
    so the components of the unit are made to withstand high temp till 98 degree Celsius.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • dr_bidine
    dr_bidine Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you for your response Jack.

I saw that I have to up the fan and the temp will be ok, but what is exactly the system temp ? Composants temps ? Other ?
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,351 Pathfinder
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @dr_bidine This is normal temperature.For acer predator and acer nitro laptops below 90°C is normal.
    This temperature is normal for gaming laptop because Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks.
    You can say high temperature or overheating when its going 90°C or more.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    And I believe the main temp sensor is in the CPU.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LEGEND_TANMAY
    LEGEND_TANMAY Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    dr_bidine said:
    Thank you for your response Jack.

I saw that I have to up the fan and the temp will be ok, but what is exactly the system temp ? Composants temps ? Other ?
    i believe that system temp is actually the temperature of you mother-board and it is affected my the power plan you're currently using

as i have been using my predator helios 300 i changed my power plan at the starting, since then my system temps started rising high up (65-70 idle and 88 or even 90 under load)which are particularly high this could damage my components and probably has,  so i suggest using the power plan made by acer itself
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    On most models the system temp is actually the CPU temperature. Sometimes it a sensor in the CPU socket instead or on the motherboard under the CPU.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.