Debian Linux restore

JonR
JonR Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
How may I restore the Debian Linux installed on my Chromebook 715 to factory original condition?

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    A Powerwash will restore everything to factory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JonR
    I was hoping I could refresh only the Linux because I don't want to loose anything else.
  • billsey
    Ah, well normally a Chromebook doesn't have much actually kept on it, so a powerwash just puts you back to factory, and your apps and such are automatically reinstalled when you first log into your Google account. If you have Google setup to backup your data to the cloud than that will restore also. I'm not sure how to reset the Linux app, other than possibly deleting and then reinstalling.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JonR
    Okay, I'll check that out. Thanks!
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/9145439?hl=en I don't see anything specific to a Linux reset, but maybe uninstalling then reinstalling might help.
  • JonR
    Worked perfectly, just what I needed!