ASPIRE 5 webcam not working

Options
Druid4Gaia
Druid4Gaia Member Posts: 3 New User
Computer is less than one month old. I have used the webcam for zoom meetings but now the camera just shows a black screen.

i have gone into the device manager to remove the camera and re-install. This worked for a short period but the issue is back. Uninstalling and reinstalling no longer works.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,372 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Druid4Gaiastep A
    1. click on window icon thenEnter troubleshoot in the search box, and click Troubleshoot settings.troubleshoot error code 0xa00f4271
    2. Next, select the Microsoft Store App troubleshooter within the Settings window that opens.
    3. Then click the Run this troubleshooter button.windows store apps troubleshooter error code 0xa00f4271
    4. Thereafter, users can go through the resolutions provided by the troubleshooter.
    5. Restart Window and check
    STEP B
    • Click on window icon Camera app and right click on the camera app result
    • Under right-click context menu select App settings
    • Under camera app settings, scroll and locate & hit the reset buttonWindows 10 Camera Settings Reset
    • Confirm your action by selecting the reset button and again
    After doing above steps make sure you give permission go to settings and click on the Privacy category. Select Camera under the App permissions section on the left. On the right panel, you have to turn on the setting “Allow apps to access your camera“. Scroll down to locate the Camera app and grant permission for it to access the webcam.

That’s it. Now check and see if Windows 10 Camera app is working.

STEP C

There is norton antivirus that comes preinstalled on acer laptop follow these step i know because antivirus installed in my laptop also 

• Start Norton (click on window icon search norton click on it)

If you see the My Norton window, next to Device Security, click Open.

• In the Norton main window, click Settings.

• In the Settings window, click SafeCam.

• In the SafeCam window, move the SafeCam Feature switch to Off

This is feature is on by default you need to turn off
    STEP D
    1. click on window icon enter camera in its search box.
    2. Select Camera privacy settings in search results to open the window shown directly below.privacy settings camera error code 0xa00f4271
    3. If that window states Camera access to this device is off, users will need to click Change and toggle the Camera access for this device option on.
    4. Then turn the Allow apps to access your camera option on.
    5. Check that the webcam app you’re trying to utilize the camera with are also enabled under the Choose which apps can access your camera subheading.
    6. Restart Windows after adjusting camera settings.
    STEP E

registry edit might be among the best fixes. Edit the registry as follows.
    1. First, open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey. Then users can open the Registry Editor by entering regedt in Run and clicking OK.
    2. Open this registry path in the Registry Editor:
      • <strong>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeMicrosoftWindows Media Foundation</strong>windows media foundation regedit error code 0xa00f4271
    3. Double-click Windows Media Foundation on the left of the Registry Editor.
    4. Right-click a space on the right of the Registry Editor’s window and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    5. Enter EnableFrameServerMode as the title for the new DWORD.enableframeservermode dword error code 0xa00f4271
    6. Then double-click EnableFrameServerMode to open the window in the shot directly below.value data error code 0xa00f4271
    7. Input 0 in the Data value text box, and click the OK button.
    8. Restart Windows after editing the registry AND CHECK
    Step F

Click on window icon search cmd then run cmd as administrator then copy these commands together and paste there in cmd

net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
    SoftwareDistribution.old
    ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver

Wait till the task is complete! Press enter key again to continue. Close command prompt and check camera if not work then restart and check 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Druid4Gaia
    Options
    I tried all of these except for the registry editor. i got an error that says "Windows cannot find regedt"

None of the other resolutions were successful.
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @Druid4Gaia which error showing while opening camera?

• rllukey
    rllukey Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I tried all of these except for the registry editor. i got an error that says "Windows cannot find regedt"

None of the other resolutions were successful.
    Should be 'regedit' not 'regedt'

• Druid4Gaia
    Options
    Registry edit didnt work either.  There isnt an error message, just a black screen when i try to use the camera. the green light beside the camera lights up there is just no video.
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @druid4gaia go to device manager→expand camera→right click on driver and select uninstall→click on action → select scan of hardware changes →restart your system and check your problem.

• Ayappan
    Ayappan Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Computer is less than one month old. I have used the webcam for zoom meetings but now the camera just shows a black screen.

i have gone into the device manager to remove the camera and re-install. This worked for a short period but the issue is back. Uninstalling and reinstalling no longer works.
    Hi,
    I too faced the same issue from past few weeks.
    I tried everything, but nothing worked,
    I finally performed a soft reset of my Laptop. But, still the issue continued.
    Then, I switched on the camera app, blocked the camera lens with my thumb and tried to click a picture in this state, once, I released my thumb, the camera started to work and show pictures.
    I guess, this error is due to some kind of external lighting issue.
    I am still facing this issue of "black light" but, once I repeat the above steps, the problem gets solved.
  • Ruchi_Jain
    Ruchi_Jain Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    It's been a year I bought the laptop but I never had any work related to web cam. Now when it is urgent interview, I am facing this issue. I have tried everything as mentioned above, but it is of no use. When I open the camera, it shows a black screen and on clicking an image, it shows an error as 
    0xA00F4292<PhotoCaptureStartTimeout> 
  • jorgel8
    jorgel8 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi i solved it disabling the camera on "Device Manager" window then Rebooting the computer and then enabling it again. 
  • Zephyrv
    Zephyrv Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Ayappan said:

Hi,
    Then, I switched on the camera app, blocked the camera lens with my thumb and tried to click a picture in this state, once, I released my thumb, the camera started to work and show pictures.
    I am still facing this issue of "black light" but, once I repeat the above steps, the problem gets solved.
    I've been having issues on my 791g for ages and just tried this with similar interesting results. The camera flickers on and off thinking its not working, but if I cover it up it stays on, or if I shine a light into it. I'm getting some images on the default camera app but it's very broken and glitchy.
  • NuriKh
    NuriKh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Ayappan said:

Hi,
    I had the same problem (camera stopped working on Windows and Linux Kubuntu) and this was the solution (Taking a picture with thumb on lens).
    I signed up just to say thanks!
    This is Brilliant! Thank You so much! You saved me a lot of hassle! I would never have found a way to guess that!

Notebook: Acer Swift SF314-42-R5CY, bought a month ago.
  • mvalim
    mvalim Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, i had the same problem with an Acer A515. 
    The camera led lighted up and the image was all black.
    I've tried everything they say in this forum (Update Windows, reinstall Drivers, Reset Battery, Take a pciture with the thumb on lens, Tried it on Linux and the exact same problema occurred... so in my case this was no a Windows fault. 
    What I did for the last attempt and that worked, I've shut down the notebook, opened the frame of the screen, disconnected the camera cable, waited a few minutes and connected again. Turned on notebook and the camera was working again. 
  • Maxmario
    Maxmario Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Had success getting the camera to work (Aspire A515-54).
    My sequence was like this:

1. Made changes to the registry as suggested above.
    2. Disabled the camera in the control panel.
    3. Turned off the laptop.
    4. Battery reset with pin.
    5. Switch on the laptop, switch on the camera in the control panel.
    6. Closed the camera with my thumb, launched the Camera application.
    7. Instead of a black screen, a certain area was displayed. I clicked on it several times. At first the image was frozen, I repeated the trick with my finger again and after that everything worked normally. Skype, Zoom - everything works at once without any fingers.