New Chromebook 514 no serial or SNID

KH1027
KH1027 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I purchased a Chromebook 514 new in August 2019. It will not turn on even after doing the refresh/power button cycle. I'm trying to get support for it, but there is no SNID or serial number. On the bottom there is a sticker that looks like it's where those numbers should be, but it's blank. I can't get anyone on the phone or on chat without this number. Since it won't turn on, I can't get the serial number that way. What should I do?!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Check to see if your model has a battery reset pinhole. If it does disconnect from power then use a paperclip to press and hold the reset button for 15-30 seconds. Release the button then wait 15-30 minutes and plug the charger back in. Wait for it to fully charge and try again to turn it on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    Hi @KH1027

You may look for SNID or S/N on the original box or purchase receipt. Hope it helps. 

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • KH1027
    Thank you both for the responses. There is no battery reset pinhole. I don’t have the original box, only the sealed warranty packet. I bought it from Amazon and I have the receipt/invoice but it doesn’t list either number. Should I be working thru them to resolve this instead of Acer?
  • billsey
    That might work out. I can't think of any reason the serial number label wouldn't be there. Some systems have the numbers printed on a clear backing though rather than the more normal white.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KH1027
    It’s weird right? Here’s a pic of the back 
  • billsey
    Yeah, that looks entirely blank. Is there any chance it's a sticker on a sticker?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020
    Or could it have been a printing failure? Does this app work on the chromebook? https://global-download.acer.com/SupportFiles/Files/SNID/APP/SerialNumberDetectionTool.exe
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    KH1027 said:
    I purchased a Chromebook 514 new in August 2019. It will not turn on even after doing the refresh/power button cycle. I'm trying to get support for it, but there is no SNID or serial number. On the bottom there is a sticker that looks like it's where those numbers should be, but it's blank. I can't get anyone on the phone or on chat without this number. Since it won't turn on, I can't get the serial number that way. What should I do?!

In this case we suggest setting up repair for the unit through our support channel. When asked to say SNID or SN, the system will repeat it self for about 3 times and if you don`t enter the SN, the system should transfer your call to a representative.

Phone: 1-866-695-2237
    Available 24/7 - US and Canada
    Español Disponible
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.