acer 315 & have problem with letters p l o on keyboard

ljt2020
ljt2020 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
When i click the letter l it types ;l    when i click p it types po   when i click the letter o it types po   the letter 0 types 09 
If i type 9  it types  9 it types 09  any suggestions 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    It looks like you are getting both key presses when you press only one. I don't think I've ever seen that specific problem before. Which specific model do you have? Is there any chance the problem is mechanical and when you press one key the other is actually getting pressed as well?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ljt2020
    i have CB315- 2H series model N17Q9 definately only pressing one key at a time
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    edited April 2020
    @ljt2020press ctrl + shift keys together. Check to see if it's back to normal by pressing the quotation mark key (second key to the right of the L). If it's still acting up, press ctrl + shift again one more time
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • ljt2020
    npot wporking as ypou can see by my typoing
  • GAMING6698
    @ljt2020Press "NumLock" or press "FN" + "NumLock" keys to make sure that it is disabled. Try typing again to see if your keys are fixed

• ljt2020
    not worked

• GAMING6698
    @ljt2020
    1.press Win + R to open Run.
    2. Type into control and hit the Enter key. This will launch Control Panel. (Note: If you cannot type into the proper letters, it is recommended to use the on-screen keyboard.)

run-control-windows-10

3. View by Small icons. Click the Keyboard.

4. In Keyboard Properties, adjust the slider of Repeat delay to an appropriate situation that is close to Long.

5. Adjust the slider of Repeat rate to an appropriate situation that is close to Slow.

keyboard-properties-repeat-delay-rate-windows-10png

Then you can type into the bar to test the repeat rate.

6. Click the Apply and the OK button to save the changes.

Restart the computer and try typing a word to see if the double or multiple letters issue still persists.

• ljt2020
    I have tried this in my chromebook using settings and it has not worked
  • ljt2020
    Any pother suggestions - is a new keyboard required
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    It is sure starting to lean in that direction. The way the matrix in the keyboard is laid out you typically don't see issues with adjacent keys, so it's not likely to be an internal short or open. It's more likely to be a mechanical problem with the keyboard itself. If you plug an external keyboard in can you type those characters correctly?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.