Predator G9-593 Freezes upon Nvidia Driver update, current version 22.21.13.8494

Options
nomansohail
nomansohail Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello and thank you for looking at my post.

I bought my laptop back in 2017 and its been working fine till a month ago, when i left it on over night and the next morning found it frozen (probably updated the graphics card and restarted in the night). I restarted it in the morning but it always froze at the login screen. I googled and tried many solutions and nothing worked so I did a clean window install and as soon as the graphics card kicked in the computer froze again at the windows setup and i realized that its the graphics card, i just left it for a few hours like that and tried to boot the laptop into safe mood and it worked, from there i disabled the graphics card and everything worked fine again.

I tried doing a clean install of the latest graphics card driver but it froze again and again. So i gave up and got the graphics card version 22.21.13.8494 from 2017 from the Acer website but with this version many things dont work properly. It seems like that the graphics card has to often work VERY hard to render something from premiere pro or after effects where as they worked perfectly before this. Below are the deatils of my system

Predator G9-593

Windows 10 Home

Inter core i7-7700HQ @2,80GHz

Installed memory(RAM) 16,0 GB

Nvidia GeForce Gtx 1060 6 GB Version: 22.21.13.8494

Does anyone know any solution as to how I can upgrade my driver and get my laptop to normal again? Or just to the latest working Driver for my laptop please

I am looking forward to your answer.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,324 Pathfinder
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @nomansohail (important-before installing disable your antivirus if you install any if not then disable window defender real time protection from settings)
    Update your graphic driver you have to install nvidia software for that, driver in acer site are just base driver.

GET GAME READY DRIVER

For each major game release, NVIDIA works closely with developers to boost performance, fix bugs, and improve your gaming experience. Technologies like NVIDIA GameWorks™ give you the tools to optimize gameplay and bring you these improvements through a Game Ready driver update. GeForce Experience automatically notifies you when these drivers are available and, with a single click, lets you update to the latest driver—without leaving your desktop. 

First time Download software from nvidia site, go through my link then select you graphic card details and download game ready driver 

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Click yes if problem solved 

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • nomansohail

Tinkerer

Options
    @nomansohail (important-disable you antivirus if any install if not then disable window defender real time protection)
    Update your graphic driver you have to install nvidia software for that, driver in acer site are just base driver.

GET GAME READY DRIVER

For each major game release, NVIDIA works closely with developers to boost performance, fix bugs, and improve your gaming experience. Technologies like NVIDIA GameWorks™ give you the tools to optimize gameplay and bring you these improvements through a Game Ready driver update. GeForce Experience automatically notifies you when these drivers are available and, with a single click, lets you update to the latest driver—without leaving your desktop. 

First time Download software from nvidia site, go through my link then select you graphic card details and download game ready driver 

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Click yes if problem solved 

Thank you so much for your quick answer, I have tried that the frist time, I dont really understand what you mean by "Nvidia software" because all I can download from there is,

GeForce Game Ready Driver

Version: 445.75  WHQL
    Release Date: 2020.3.23
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Language: English (US)
    File Size: 533.05 MB

Which is the latest driver i presume, which ive already tried last month and it always froze my laptop. Or am i misunderstanding something here?

Thank you so much again for your help and quick answers.
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @nomansohail this game ready driver mean nvidia software officially develop by nvidia and to update your both gpu Integration as well as dedicated.

Try again
    1st disable you window defender real time protection from settings or if you installed any antivirus then disable from that software 

Now go to control panel locate nvidia control panel or software uninstall it and restart your system.
    Now download latest nvidia game ready driver from my link and install 

After installation you can enable antivirus again
    Click on yes if problem solved 

• nomansohail

Tinkerer

Options
    @nomansohail this game ready driver mean nvidia software officially develop by nvidia and to update your both gpu Integration as well as dedicated.

Try again
    1st disable you window defender real time protection from settings or if you installed any antivirus then disable from that software 

Now go to control panel locate nvidia control panel or software uninstall it and restart your system.
    Now download latest nvidia game ready driver from my link and install 

After installation you can enable antivirus again
    Click on yes if problem solved 

So i just tried this and downloaded the lasted driver from Nvidia´s website and installed it and the same thing happened again, the laptop froze as soon as i heard the sound (like the sound when you plug in your usb) so i had to reboot my laptop into safe mode and disable the graphics card again.
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @nomansohail boot in safe with networking then click on window icon search cmd and open as administrator then Type the following commands, and then press Enter.  It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

When above command complete type this command- sfc/scannow

After successfully completing both commands restart your system and check you issue

• nomansohail

Tinkerer

Options
    @GAMING6698 thank you so much for all your help and prompt replies, I tried what you suggested. The windows had removed the device completely at the startup repair (i need to hard reset my laptop 3 times in order to get into safe mode) and it took me a while to get the graphics card up and running again in order to test your solution, but unfortunately its the same, below is the result from the commands. The old version from acer´s website works but its extremely slow and the new applications dont work on it properly and as soon as i try to update it to something newer it just freezes.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1

Image Version: 10.0.18363.720

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc/scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Thank you once again for your continous help.
  • nomansohail

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry the graphics card version on the Acer website is 384.94 When i download this version from acer´s site it works but for some reason same version from Nvidia´s website doesnt work either :/ the laptop is only 3 years old. This shouldnt be happening.
  • MaxBlue
    MaxBlue Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem as above. I used to have the latest driver working up until some Win10 build happened around 1909 or so. After that, the Windows update would update some NVIDIA driver updates which completely messes with the laptop. Once the driver installation starts, the laptop freezes and becomes unusable. Now, I can't use my laptop to run programs that would require drivers from 2019 as I'm stuck with v384.94.