Acer Aspire 9410 network drivers not working with Win10

AzTony
AzTony Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi all. I have an Acer Aspire 9410 with Win10 Home on it. It boots up just fine but I cannot get it to connect to the internet. The network drivers will not work. The intel 3945ABG or the Realtek PICe GbE Family Controller. I've downloaded the drivers and tried to reinstall them but it still doesn't work. Anyone have any suggestions or do I need to go back to Win7 and just be happy.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,450 Pathfinder
    edited April 2020
    @AzTony try these steps-
    1)Firstly, try running Windows’s native Network Troubleshooting tool. You’ll find it in Settings > Update and security > Troubleshoot > internet connections

2)open Command Prompt as administrator then type the following commands. Press Enter after each command:
    • netsh winsock reset
    • ipconfig /release
    • netsh int ip reset
    • ipconfig /renew
    • ipconfig /flushdns
    3)Follow the steps below to complete the process:
    1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device Manager.
    2. Right-click on the network adapter and choose Uninstall.
    3. If prompted, click on Delete the driver software for this device.
    4. Restart your machine and Windows will automatically reinstall the driver
    Click on yes if  PROBLEM SOLVED 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • AzTony
    AzTony Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the response. I guess I should've waited for a response but I got frustrated and went ahead and reinstalled Win7. Everything is back to working. I will keep your suggestions in mind if and when I decide to try Win10 on the laptop again. Maybe sooner than later once all the updates are done. :) 
  • Zumi
    Zumi Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue with my Acer Aspire 9410.

I have an Acer Aspire 9410 with Win10 Home on it. It boots up just fine but I cannot get it to connect to the internet. The network drivers will not work. The intel 3945ABG or the Realtek PICe GbE Family Controller. I've downloaded the drivers and tried to reinstall them but it still doesn't work. I tried the suggestions above, error messages are returned.
    For example; 'ipconfig /release' returns 'the operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation'. I found advice that I need to replace the wireless board. Do I? What do I replace it with?