USB-C to HDMI adapter not working on Acer Aspire 5. Please help!!

Options
13»

Answers

• chrissy_a
    chrissy_a Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Sorry, I should have clarified.

I have two identical monitors (Dell P2414H). One is currently connected from the Acer's single HDMI out, via an HDMI male-to-VGA female adapter. Then a VGA male-to-male goes into the VGA input of the monitor. This works

I'm trying to do the same with the second screen but from the Acer's USBC port, so I bought the Club3D. Have used everything from the working setup to rule out any other potential issues.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK. Now I get it. This probably means your ACER's HDMI port supports both HDMI signal output plus VGA signal output. However, the Club3D only supports HDMI signal output but not VGA signal output.

Jack E/NJ

• chrissy_a
    Options
    I see...hopefully the iTec will do the trick! Sorry for spamming this post
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Just tried with a $30 device (less $3 coupon) on a chromebook (only thing I had with type C) works just fine with seperate displays on Laptop, and two monitor (kinda crude, temporary setup). Chrome OS needed nothing, just worked.

• chrissy_a
    Options
  • JackE
    Options
    Was iTec on the user list posted earlier?

Jack E/NJ

• chrissy_a
    Options
    JackE said:
    Hi Jack, yes...
  • JackE
    Options
    Can you plug it directly into a blue USBA3 port?

Jack E/NJ

• chrissy_a
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hmm, I don't think I have one of those to test with
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>>>JackE said:>>>>chrissy_a>>>>>Unless stated otherwise in the user's manual, the USB ports should be assumed data-only. The A515-56 ports are data only,>>>>>

Sure it does on the left hand side if you have an A515-56  model.

Jack E/NJ

• chrissy_a
    Options
    Hmm, that's initially what I thought you meant, but the iTec is USB-C...
  • JackE
    Options
    Don't use the USBA-to-USBC adapter. Insert its USBA plug directly into the USBA3 port.

Jack E/NJ

• chrissy_a
    Options
    Mine doesn't have this adapter, only the USBC direct.
  • JackE
    Options
    Does your's have the same part no. U3DUAL4KDP that other users have reported to work?

Jack E/NJ

• chrissy_a
    Options
    Mine is C31DUAL4KDP
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, no. The C31 adapter requires USBC with DisplayPort video signal output. Your machine's USBC is data only. No DisplayPort signal output --- no HDMI signal output --- no VGA signal output --- no video signal out whatsoever. :/

Jack E/NJ

• keegs
    keegs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello both,

I have a Aspire 5 A515-56 model too and am trying to get two external monitors to work too. I researched throughly and it would appear that the laptop specifications stating "USB Type-C port: USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps)" should allow for video output as "USB 3.2 Gen 1" does allow this, but it is just simply that the Acer does not?

True there is no symbol for this on the laptop but, people buying new laptops don't see these little icons, only the technical specifications (here).

I have a USB C to DVI adapter from a previous laptop, that does not work.

Instead of the "USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C Port" is it true that I should instead use an adapter to plug into one of the "USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Ports"? Like the likes above on Amazon?

If the output of the adaptor is DVI and not HDMI I guess that's OK?

Thank you
  • keegs
    keegs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sorry last thing, I read elsewhere on the forums that a HDMI splitter might also work, is that also an option? 
  • NotTechy
    NotTechy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello All - It was a tough read for me as I am not much of a technical person and trying to figure out why my newly purchased USB-C to HDMI cable (do you call it adapter?) or just a basic HDMI splitter didnt work for my ACER 515-55 that I bought couple of years ago. HDMI splitter works ok when i use only one output port at a time. Now can someone expert here please tell me what is the value for money solution for getting two external monitor (BenQ) connected in 'extension'? Please send me a link preferably in Amazon/eBay Australia. Or advise what to buy, specify male/female too. I've attached photo of the side of the laptop and also back of the monitor (hdmi connected), I dont know what the white one is for! Please help. Thanks in advance. PS: both monitor works using USB-C of my work laptop.

• JackE
    Options

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/NotTechy

This is an old thread. Best to start your own new thread by clicking on the new discussion button.

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.