Acer Aspire AME600-UR378 has stopped working. Please Help!

Options
Synthes
Synthes Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

So about a year ago my Acer Aspire AME600-UR378 began to experience some lag issues when I was playing games. The game would freeze for increasing amounts of time and each time it froze I would just restart my desktop. Eventually, the desktop stopped loading and I couldn't get it past the Acer Logo. Today, when I turn on the desktop, the monitor is receiving no signal from the desktop even though the Desktop turns on and the fans run. 

Some things I've tried are:
- Switching monitors and switching the input output from HDMI to VGA from the onboard graphics card (I have already removed the graphics card I bought online and installed).
- Taking out the Hard drive (same result)
- CMOS battery reset: This one was the most interesting because I did a CMOS battery reset once (without the hard drive plugged in) and I was able to navigate the BIOS screen. I wasn't sure what I was doing and just hit save and exit and I was taken to a screen that told me that I needed to plug in the hard drive to continue. When I did that I went back to square one and receiving no signal. I haven't been able to get back to the BIOS screen yet even though I've replicated the process many times. I have been taken to the black screen where it says it needs a hard drive to run a couple times, but not recently.

Essentially, the issue is that on startup I am getting no signal, and it seems that I was only able to stumble onto the BIOS screen once and can't seem to get back to it. I have tried holding F10, F2, and DEL on startup to try and get there but I still get no signal. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer so I can get it back up and running again. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Better than holding F2, click it over and over again as fast as you can right after hitting the power switch... But it's not sounding very good, the gradual degradation points to component failure, and you've already tried pulling the GPU card, so it wasn't on that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Synthes
    Options
    I tried repeatedly mashing F2 but no change. The computer does seem to restart all on its own but there's still no signal coming through. I'd also like to add that I tried switching out the PSU with one that I know works but that didn't seem to help.
  • billsey
    Options
    Doesn't sound good then, does the BIOS show up again, even with the HDD error, if the HDD is disconnected?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Synthes
    Options
    I haven't been able to get the BIOS to come up since that one time I was able to, both with the HDD connected and disconnected. 

Out of curiosity if it is component failure, which component is it? Is it replaceable? Thanks again!
  • billsey
    Options
    Could be almost any component on the MB, no way to tell that wouldn't end up costing more than a replacement MB.