Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-42-R5GT) - Trying to set up a 2nd SSD

Jursh
Jursh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently purchased a Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD to use as a secondary internal hard drive in addition to the SSD that came with the laptop. I placed it in the  2.5 in slot of the laptop and plugged in the cable that was already there. However, I can't find the drive at all in disk management. I only see the original SSD. I'm pretty sure the new SSD works too because I put it into an external case I had already and plugged it in via USB and was able to see it and format it. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Double and triple check to verify the cable is fully seated at both ends.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jursh
    Jursh Member Posts: 2 New User
    I checked the inside and it seemed to be pretty secure on both ends. I did notice the first time I opened the laptop up that the HDD wire was bent over on itself, but I'm not sure if this would have any effect on it. Is it possible that my laptop just came with a fault wire?

The photo attached is when I tried to flatten out the crease on the wire, so it looks less folded over than it was at first.

Side note: I'm not the best when it comes to computer components and such, so please assume you're explaining to a dummy. :)