Confused by what nvidia driver to install

PrskMate
PrskMate Member Posts: 69 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I recently bought an Acer predator helios ph-317-53-73k7 laptop. I will use it mostly not for games but for illustration, so I found two kinf of drivers on the nvidia site, one for gamers, one for artists, but that for artists (adobe programs as illustrator, photoshop etc.) says that it doesn't support hybrid power technology. So since I have no idea what is a hybrid power technology, I want to ask you that is my laptop has hybrid power technoloy, or not and I can put the studio driver on it?(the one for adobe creative apps)

Best Answers

• PrskMate
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. I do have another one. So because some reasons I updated my bios to the newest version, without knowing it that it could seriously damage my pc, by simply double clicking on the downloaded file, since I didn't had a readme text. So everything is fine until now, nothing bad happened, at least nothing I know about. Should I check something to see if i didn't screwed things up? I needed a clean install for windows, and I also will want to upgrade some of my hardware and somebody told me that it will need a bios setup probably so i did one. I just hope now, that I didn't screwed it up.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    No problem, as long as you don't see any problem just leave everything as they are, you don't need to update BIOS unless you have a specific need, anyway, you can check the stability of the system in Reliability monitor, go to Control panel, System and security, Security and maintenance, expand Maintenance and check reliability.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download version 25.21.14.2545, install it, it's the most suitable driver for your model because it's a modified driver to compliment the rest of your hardware.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/8051?b=1
  • PrskMate
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. I do have another one. So because some reasons I updated my bios to the newest version, without knowing it that it could seriously damage my pc, by simply double clicking on the downloaded file, since I didn't had a readme text. So everything is fine until now, nothing bad happened, at least nothing I know about. Should I check something to see if i didn't screwed things up? I needed a clean install for windows, and I also will want to upgrade some of my hardware and somebody told me that it will need a bios setup probably so i did one. I just hope now, that I didn't screwed it up.
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    No problem, as long as you don't see any problem just leave everything as they are, you don't need to update BIOS unless you have a specific need, anyway, you can check the stability of the system in Reliability monitor, go to Control panel, System and security, Security and maintenance, expand Maintenance and check reliability.

• PrskMate
    The only thing what it says that a critical event it has something to do with Cortana, but I don't like her anyways. Is it okay? Or i did screwed up something with the bios update and it is because of that?