g9-591 Acer Predator Gaming Headset

Northman91
Northman91 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 16 in 2020 Archives
Hey guys

Ive got a g9-591 bought it a couple of years ago and got the headset alongside with it from the topic title. Today suddenly my mic stopped working, laptop mics works but not the headset mic.

Any ways to try and fix this or might the mic be broken? 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    @Northman91
    Did you try connecting any other headset and check?
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Northman91

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @Northman91
    Did you try connecting any other headset and check?
    Don"t have a spare one, got an Astro A40 but i am missing a split cable, I ordered it hopefully it arrives tomorrow
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    @Northman91
    So check with the other one still if you have the issue we will try some steps
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Also inspect the cabling really close, if the wires look pinched or frayed it might have broken one of the mic wires.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Northman91

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Also inspect the cabling really close, if the wires look pinched or frayed it might have broken one of the mic wires.
    at first glance it looks fine, the splitter is arriving today so I hope to test it on the Astro A40,
    Might be the mic cause its a mic that can be insterted in the headset and so on not sure if that can be the issue, i hope its not the port tho
  • Northman91

Tinkerer

Delay on delivery, splitter arrives tomorrow
  • billsey
    A new normal for us... I actually had an Amazon order arrive a day early last week though, so it's possible things are getting better.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Northman91

Tinkerer

Update:

Splitter arrived and the A40s work, mic and headset. I guess the mic of the Predator headphones might be broken then?
  • billsey
    Yeah, likely the mic or the wiring off the mic.