can i use a 144hz monitor with the acer nitro 5?

Options
jxni
jxni Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
i was just wondering if its possible that i could use an external 144hz monitor or if its just impossible?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Depending on the video adapter installed on your nitro, it may or may not be capable of delivering 144Hz output to an external monitor. However ACER usually only warrants 60Hz at the highest resolutions. But some users have reported 75Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz or 144Hz are possible but not 100% guaranteed. You just have to try one and see for yourself. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry not with 100% certainty. Different brand & model monitors may also act differently with input from different adapters. Accordingly, you should purchase from a vendor with a good RMA returns policy in case you're not satisfied with performance. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    Yes you can use a 144Hz monitor but the nitro's video out frequency may not reach the monitor's full input capability. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jxni
    Options
    umm ok but will it be 60hz or 144?

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Depending on the video adapter installed on your nitro, it may or may not be capable of delivering 144Hz output to an external monitor. However ACER usually only warrants 60Hz at the highest resolutions. But some users have reported 75Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz or 144Hz are possible but not 100% guaranteed. You just have to try one and see for yourself. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jxni
    Options
    ok thanks, is there any other way to know than just buy one and try?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry not with 100% certainty. Different brand & model monitors may also act differently with input from different adapters. Accordingly, you should purchase from a vendor with a good RMA returns policy in case you're not satisfied with performance. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ