Built in microphone on Nitro 5 (AN515-42) not working?

Options
LDROttawa
LDROttawa Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi,

I've been unable to get the built-in microphone on my brand-new Nitro 5 to work. I've tried a few fixes (ensuring microphone is not blocked, reinstalling/updating drivers etc) but nothing seems to work.  The microphone on my Bluetooth headset works, but not the microphone on the laptop itself (even when Bluetooth disconnected). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Settings, System and click Sound in the left pane, click Troubleshoot in the right pane and see whether it helps.

• LDROttawa
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Settings, System and click Sound in the left pane, click Troubleshoot in the right pane and see whether it helps.

Tried that - unfortunately it didn't help either. 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Go to Device manager, expand Audio Inputs and outputs, right click Microphone array, select Properties and move to Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let windows install the driver.

• LDROttawa
    Options
    Go to Device manager, expand Audio Inputs and outputs, right click Microphone array, select Properties and move to Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let windows install the driver.

Unfortunately that didn't work either - even tried restarting after the new driver reinstalled after the first reboot. 
  • Symoj
    Symoj Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey, I know this post is a few months old but I had the same problem so I uninstalled the driver. However, Windows won't install it back automatically and I'm not very good with this sort of thing, I've tried restarting it but nothing. Don't suppose you could help me out, Thanks!
  • Dissapointed
    Dissapointed Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Between the main mic problems I'm seeing above and the nitro 5 not detecting the microphone when I insert a headset in the 3.5mm jack, My Acer Nitro 5 is 2 days old first day was spent downloading stuff now not detecting the microphone on the headset.. Headset speakers work but not the microphone.  The laptop was built 22/09/2020 spent most of the time till now in it's box at the store,  probably going back in the box to go back to get replaced.   How is this still a problem ... the first mention on the forums is from  2017 starting to wonder if I should have just burnt my money instead.

Is there an issue with a driver, or the jack detection part of the software or is it just poor build quality, anyone with an answer that isn't "have you selected the right output in sound settings" have done that all of those things, now I just need to know from Acer "we have a driver that took us 3 years to write and finally fixed it" or "nope we just made it out of cheap bits and it's most likely busted soz LOL"  
  • PRANJAL1984
    PRANJAL1984 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    You need to hand it over to Acer Service Center for microphone replacement. There is inherent microphone defect in Acer laptops
  • LaurentiuF
    LaurentiuF Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Same issue for my laptop... :( Why they still sell it, if they already know there is a problem??
  • Gialie
    Gialie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi , I had the sampe problem and solved it by disinstalling the realtek driver , like explained above, and then going on Acer download center, I wrote my pc serial number and downloaded the driver from there.
  • Tapuck
    Tapuck Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Open Realtek Audio Console, click Device advanced settings, set ANALOG to be "Headset"