Severe inverse-ghosting on Acer XF270HU when using Freesync

Andyroosef
Andyroosef Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

There is SEVERE inverse-ghosting on my new Acer XF270HU when using Freesync via the display port. My GPU is an RTX 2060 XC. 

I've read that this can be because of overdrive overshooting, so to speak. The issue I am having is described perfectly below:

Coronas / Inverse Ghosting

pursuitcam_coronas

Coronas are trailing artifacts caused by response time acceleration (RTC, overdrive, ASUS Trace-Free, BENQ AMA). Pixels can overshoot their final color value before bouncing back, causing bright inverse ghosting. See TFTCentral Overdrive.

I've tried using different display port cables, updated my GPU drivers, but there doesn't seem to be a solution. This isn't a problem on my 75hz freesync monitor. Is there anyway to fix this? I notice this in every game I play, overwatch, fallen order, etc. I'll have to return the product otherwise, because the claim that ghosting and smearing are almost non-existent with this monitor is simply not true for me. 

Also, I'm not sure if this is related, but there is a topic on this that is somewhat related, but it appears that overdrive is not turning on in some instances: 
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/405267/xf270hu-overdrive-and-firmware-bugs

Answers

• inverseghosting
    inverseghosting Member Posts: 6 New User
    Im having the exact same issue and it started a few days ago on the 6th april. I think it might be driver related as it was around time i updated driver but im not sure. Let me know if you found a fix cause im over here pulling my hair out
  • Andyroosef
    Andyroosef Member Posts: 2 New User
    Im having the exact same issue and it started a few days ago on the 6th april. I think it might be driver related as it was around time i updated driver but im not sure. Let me know if you found a fix cause im over here pulling my hair out
    I don't believe it's a driver issue. Overdrive is something that is controlled by and in the monitor itself. I am returning the monitor unfortunately. I don't foresee there being a fix, as it appears that acer has not been helpful here or in other posts I see regarding overdrive issues. Honestly, I'd return it if you can. It's not worth the hassle. It's an expensive product, it should work as intended.