Will the ACER Swift 3, SF314-54G support a 1 TB SSD ?

Options
AGIERYIC
AGIERYIC Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

I have an ACER Swift 3, SF314-54G, 256GB SSD, 8GB Ram, and an i7 processor.
I've tried for weeks to contact ACER support to no avail. Was held on hold 20 minutes each time. I’ve searched the internet to no avail. 
I want to replace the 256 GB SSD with a 1 TB SSD. I see on this site that no one has done that yet. Is there a limitation that this unit only supports 256GB and 512GB?
If it does support a 1 TB drive, does it only support the m.2 SATA and not the NVM? 
I know the difference between the two but want recommendations

Thanks

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,754 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I cannot guarantee you. However, I think this model supports a 2280 1tb ssd m2.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited April 2020
    Options
    This model accepts sata 3 and nvme. Some users were able to install a 512gb ssd, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-54G/83085
    About the 1tb ssds, I believe you should support it!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AGIERYIC
    Options
    Your link references the 314-54G. Not sure if that's compatible with the same components for the 52G
    I've never actually heard of any laptop that supports 512 GB SSD and not support 1 TB SSD. I can understand the limitations on RAM upgrades. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    But you said your model is sf314-54g, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AGIERYIC
    Options
    You are correct. I'm very sorry, I meant SP314-52G
    Everything I found on the web was referring to the 54G (I guess 54G was stuck in my mind)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AGIERYIC
    Options
    Thanks, 
    I see that it only shows the 512GB as the largest option. Do you think it will support a 1 TB 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I cannot guarantee you. However, I think this model supports a 2280 1tb ssd m2.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AGIERYIC
    Options
    Thanks for your help!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer