Acer KG251Q Monitor randomly turns black for a few seconds

Options
DanielThePear
DanielThePear Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
Hi!
I recently purchased an Acer KG251Q 75hz monitor (Like, a week ago) and I've been having this consistent issue where the monitor will randomly turn black for a few seconds, and then be back to normal. So far, I have only noticed that this happens while gaming (But that could be a coincidence, I've basically only been using my laptop for gaming since I got the monitor). I tried using another computer with this monitor (One with an AMD APU instead of a NVidia GPU), didn't play any games, and the black screen problem didn't happen. I can't find any Windows 10 drivers for this monitor on Acer's site, and one of the Generic PnP monitors listed in Device Manager (There are two that are identical) has an event saying the device is not being migrated due to "partial or ambiguous match". I have tried using two different HDMI cables, to no avail. Something else I noticed was that this only happens late at night, or after I've been using my computer for an extended period of time (such as five hours).