Launching League of Legends results in blank white box

Options
Koh
Koh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2020 in Predator Laptops
Hello,

I have had this issue for over a year now, but now it has become unfixable. Whenever I would launch League, the app would open, register as working under task manager, yet would be displayed as a tiny white box that only can be dragged around (Image below). My previous solution to this was to change the compatibility to running under Windows vista. However, after an update this week the problem has returned, and the pastsolution no longer works.

I have attempted other typical solutions with no results including:
-making sure my graphics drivers are updated
-reinstalling the application
-disabling my firewall
-running the application in all the possible compatibility options
-Troubleshooting and seeing if there are any corrupt files

I have also searched online to see if anyone else experiences this issue, with no results found. Asking on the forums of the League website months ago when I first had this issue brought no answers either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,351 Pathfinder
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Koh click on space key when it does do that.if this not work then 
    Repair the game
    Update game client
    Click yes if problem solved 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • MakeOutHill
    MakeOutHill Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Try to delete any config file for the game 
    In my documents or inside the game folder
    Don't worry the game will create another one when it lunches
  • Koh
    Koh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you for your help, however I found the solution on my own.
    For anyone else who will have this problem:
    the solution was updating both my NVIDIA and Intel drivers manually, since the automatic updaters (including reinstalling them) do nothing except revert to old versions. Updating NVIDIA was simple by merely downloading the Geforce Experience application. With Intel, the automatic scanner from both the application and exe files do not work, only downloading the zip and manually extracting it works. After extracting it to some folder (anywhere works), I then went to device manager -> display adapters -> intel driver -> update intel driver -> browse update from my computer -> location of whereever you extracted your zip file to.

• TTR21
    TTR21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Koh said:
    Thank you for your help, however I found the solution on my own.
    For anyone else who will have this problem:
    the solution was updating both my NVIDIA and Intel drivers manually, since the automatic updaters (including reinstalling them) do nothing except revert to old versions. Updating NVIDIA was simple by merely downloading the Geforce Experience application. With Intel, the automatic scanner from both the application and exe files do not work, only downloading the zip and manually extracting it works. After extracting it to some folder (anywhere works), I then went to device manager -> display adapters -> intel driver -> update intel driver -> browse update from my computer -> location of whereever you extracted your zip file to.

Hey, I am having the same problem as you. Where exactly did you download the Intel updated drivers?
  • FeelinBetterDayz
    FeelinBetterDayz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ok, so after messin around for a LOOOONG time. I found 2 ways to fix this, for me at least.

First, (cause I'm on a laptop) plug it on to a monitor and that should fix it right away.

Second, I have 2 graphics cards, so the client would run on my Nvidia card. So, I changed it from the Nvidia control panel so that it starts on my integrated graphics. which the intel one for me. and that worked too without using another monitor. To do that, in the nvidia control panel, open 3d setting. Select league as the program and just change the preferred graphics processor to integrated graphics or which ever one works for you.

• Wyzdm
    Wyzdm Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ok, so after messin around for a LOOOONG time. I found 2 ways to fix this, for me at least.

First, (cause I'm on a laptop) plug it on to a monitor and that should fix it right away.

Second, I have 2 graphics cards, so the client would run on my Nvidia card. So, I changed it from the Nvidia control panel so that it starts on my integrated graphics. which the intel one for me. and that worked too without using another monitor. To do that, in the nvidia control panel, open 3d setting. Select league as the program and just change the preferred graphics processor to integrated graphics or which ever one works for you.

Yooo Thanks so much it worked for me , i saw your comment in time i've just updated my game card , appreciate it alot .