Anormal Fan Speed After BIOS Update Acer Nitro 5 AN-515-54

Options

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Ok so open a ticket by Acer support to tell the engineering that the new BIOS is messed up. @Acer-Manny and @Acer-Samuel you have connections as well please fw the information to the developers.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• emircankavas
    emircankavas Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    My problem is still not solved. New BIOS updates have same problem...
  • batmalin
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ok, I pinged the Acer Moderators who can forward the issue to the developers. So we have to wait now.

• hugovale
    hugovale Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok, thank you very much 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    batmalin said:
    Ok so open a ticket by Acer support to tell the engineering that the new BIOS is messed up. @Acer-Manny and @Acer-Samuel you have connections as well please fw the information to the developers.
    hugovale said:
    Same issue here. My bio's version is 1.30 and the fans are running at the same speed than yours, all the time. I also changed the sata mode to AHCI in order to use dual boot alongside Linux. One thing that I noticed is when I come back to RST MODE in sata options, the fans come back to normal. But i really need a dual boot setup. Any solution?
    I am very sorry for the inconveniences, all please contact your local Acer support channels for better assistance:

BR: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/service-contact
    TR: https://www.acer.com/ac/tr/TR/content/service-contact
    US: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Note: Please keep in mind that this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users, we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Regards,
    Acer-Manny
  • hugovale

Tinkerer

Options
    Acer-Manny said:
    batmalin said:
    hugovale said:
    Same issue here. My bio's version is 1.30 and the fans are running at the same speed than yours, all the time. I also changed the sata mode to AHCI in order to use dual boot alongside Linux. One thing that I noticed is when I come back to RST MODE in sata options, the fans come back to normal. But i really need a dual boot setup. Any solution?
    I am very sorry for the inconveniences, all please contact your local Acer support channels for better assistance:

BR: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/service-contact
    TR: https://www.acer.com/ac/tr/TR/content/service-contact
    US: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Note: Please keep in mind that this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users, we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Regards,
    Acer-Manny
    I opened a ticked with the local acer support: 2312143X. Please make sure that the developers are aware of this issue in order to fix it on the next bios version. Thank you
  • xmen1404
    xmen1404 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    My laptop is also having the same issue with cooling fans speed! It is really annoying. I hope that the next BIOS update could fix this.!!!
  • hugovale

Tinkerer

Options
    Really annoying this issue. My fans remain at max speed for hours. I cant wait for a bios update. 
  • xmen1404

Tinkerer

Options
    Me too :( The CPU temperature is under 50*C, and the cooling fans speed is over 4000RPM !!!
    (Just a notice) Have you tried to turn on or off the cool boost? It could stop the fans for some seconds before the speed rises up again.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Version 1.23 of the bios, contains an update to the thermal table. However, I do not advise the downgrade of the bios, because it violates the hardware warranty. In addition, it is not allowed to publish methods that change the bios in the community.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hugovale

Tinkerer

Options
    xmen1404 said:
    Me too :( The CPU temperature is under 50*C, and the cooling fans speed is over 4000RPM !!!
    (Just a notice) Have you tried to turn on or off the cool boost? It could stop the fans for some seconds before the speed rises up again.
    Yes. Same behavior.   
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What many users are doing is changing the speed of the fans manually. Many users are complaining and claim that the speed of the fans does not match the temperature of the cpu and gpu.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xmen1404

Tinkerer

Options
    How do you lower the cooling fan speed manually? I have tried with Nitro Sense, but it only helps to speed up the fan. 
  • batmalin
    edited July 2020
    Options
    You can`t that`s the point - it is not allowed by Acer to use your own HW. You can do it thou just you have to ask Acer why the option "Thermal Fan Control" is set to disabled, as well why "Force PWM" and "PWM Fan tables" are disabled and hidden.

• emircankavas

Tinkerer

edited August 2020
    Options
    I called Acer Customer Service today, they told me I can send my laptop to service. But also they told me my device is out of warranty because I upgraded my laptop's RAM and SSD. This is a big disappointment.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I don't know how legal warranty and consumer rights work in Turkey. However, do you know if there was a warranty seal on the laptop's lower case?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• emircankavas

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't know how legal warranty and consumer rights work in Turkey. However, do you know if there was a warranty seal on the laptop's lower case?
    There was not any seal on my laptop's lower case
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If there was no warranty seal on the lower case, then, in my opinion, disassembling the laptop does not violate the hardware warranty, as long as the user does not damage the laptop.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hugovale

Tinkerer

Options
    Bios version 1.31 was released. Anyone did the upgrade? I downgraded my bios version couple months ago and solved the problem. I dont wanna risk to come back to that noisy fans again. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @hugovale I would also like to know what this bios update changes.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer