Internet tabs are completely white

ranetm
ranetm Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Whenever I open a tab to go on the internet the screen is white. The web address will show in the browser but the entire screen is white. I power it down for a few hours to try again. It will be fine for a few minutes then just stops and the screen goes back to white. If I am filling out a form I can fill in 2 fields and then it just stops. What should I do

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Those instructions won't work for a Chromebook, they are for Windows. Try pressing and holding the power button for a while to force a full power off. If that doesn't fix it try a power wash. You will lose only downloaded data that hasn't been backed up to your Google account.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    This could be a graphics driver problem, firstly, what is the model of your PC and what OP are you running? But, the simplest way is to 'Reset' your PC to an earlier point, when the OP worked properly. Depends on what OP you have, from the Start button menu, choose All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > then choose Create a restore point and go to a previous restore point of your computer.

• ranetm
    My laptop is a chromebook 15. Ill be honest. I am computer illiterate. I thought maybe if I restarted or rebooted that may fix the problem but I cant find a restart or reboot. It just looks like it powers down. If I follow your instructions and "reset" will I lose everything on here? Im physically using the laptop right now to respond to you but in a matter of minutes it is going to freeze up and turn completely white except for in the top browser area.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Those instructions won't work for a Chromebook, they are for Windows. Try pressing and holding the power button for a while to force a full power off. If that doesn't fix it try a power wash. You will lose only downloaded data that hasn't been backed up to your Google account.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ranetm
    I tried forcing the full power off, it didnt work. So I had to do the "power wash" and so far that seems to have done the trick! Thanks so much.
  • billsey
    Sweet! Glad you got it sorted. :)