ConspicuousCamo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
PC specs:
  • I have a predator orion 5000.
  • Model Number: P05-610
  • CPU: 8th Gen. intel core i7 processor 8700k
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080, 8Gb
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
The display on the board which can be seen through the side window of my PC shows the two letters "AO" (in red lighting). After some research I am assuming this is the q-code. The "AO" stays displayed whilst the PC is running and during gaming. I was wondering if this is normal?

I am asking as previously the q-code would stay displayed as "60" whilst the PC is on and recently "40". This code got me worried as recently the PC would be working harder than usual and the fans spin faster/louder than usual. After doing some research I found out that "40" resembles a sleep mode (I think, may be wrong). So, I disabled the "Fast Startup" option predetermined by windows, restarted my PC and the code changed to "AO". The PC is also much quieter and seems to work as it used to. Again, after some research I figured that "AO" means that the PC handed over functionality to the operating system and that everything is working fine (I may be wrong again). As I could not find the motherboard manual for my PC which shows the meaning for all the q-codes I was hoping that you guys could help me out.
Many Thanks!

Colin

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    can you send a picture of this code?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DunreeperMcboom
    DunreeperMcboom Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hey ConspicuousCamo sorry if a bit late but hope this help https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039406/ (im not good at how a pc works but a friend said this link has the answerd then i ask him a similar Q as yours)