AN515-42

6kapserg
6kapserg Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
R5 2500U
8GB RAM
RX560X

i have a problem with this laptop while gaming. my cousin has a desktop and it has intel core 2quad 8400 4gb ram and gtx750ti, i've played deceit at high settings with around 60fps in his desktop computer but in my laptop i can barely reach 60fps at low settings. i also played pubg at his pc at medium settings and i was getting around 50fps but i can barely reach 60fps in my laptop at very low settings. in gpu-user benchmark website rx560x is faster than 750ti, in cpu-user benchmark website R5 2500U is faster than Q8400. Can someone explain me why am i getting less fps ,even tho my cpu and gpu is better than his cpu and gpu?

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    edited April 2020
    @6kapserg your game is running in integrated graphic in Vega 8 not in Rx560x for that You need to update your GPU driver follow these steps-

Download amd radeon software which will update your graphic card, officially develop by amd.

Go through link select RX560X and download software.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

After installation open software then your game will be added in gaming tab if not then simply add game.exe file manually and always launch your game from software only 
    ( play while plugin to get 100%performance and set high performance power plan in nitrosense)

A Bold New Look, for a New Era in Graphics

Introducing a completely redesigned gaming application, placing hot, in-demand features even closer to your fingertips. Access full software functionality directly in-game, providing a fantastic gaming experience.

After completing above steps follow this 
    then go to change plan setting (right side of the high performance plan)
    -Then go to change advance power settings
    -Then find and expand Switchable Dynamic Graphics then expand Global Settings and set maximize performance in both PLUGGED IN AND ON BATTERY
    -then find amd graphics power settings then expand Amd powerplay settings and set maximize performance in both PLUGGED IN AND ON BATTERY
    -set maximum performance if you have this option available

Click yes if your issue is solved 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Firstly your BIOS version should be 1.16 go here to update
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1

Run through my GPU guide below and check to see if you have made any errors, if this doesn't work we can try a few other things

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. If you haven't already downloaded and installed it then click the link below to download it. If you get a failure installing the new Control Center then download and run DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html for a clean uninstall of your current AMD Center and Drivers then try to install again

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-1-4

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up correctly in the Control Center and are gaming on their Dedicated Vega 8 GPU which gives poor performance and is not designed for gaming. I have your exact model and my gaming experience using the AMD 2020 Control Center is good, Follow these instructions

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    6kapserg said:
    R5 2500U
    8GB RAM
    RX560X

i have a problem with this laptop while gaming. my cousin has a desktop and it has intel core 2quad 8400 4gb ram and gtx750ti, i've played deceit at high settings with around 60fps in his desktop computer but in my laptop i can barely reach 60fps at low settings. i also played pubg at his pc at medium settings and i was getting around 50fps but i can barely reach 60fps in my laptop at very low settings. in gpu-user benchmark website rx560x is faster than 750ti, in cpu-user benchmark website R5 2500U is faster than Q8400. Can someone explain me why am i getting less fps ,even tho my cpu and gpu is better than his cpu and gpu?
    What OS is it on his laptop? I think yours should be windows 10.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • 6kapserg
    6kapserg Member Posts: 21 Networker
    sri369 said:
    6kapserg said:
    R5 2500U
    8GB RAM
    RX560X

What OS is it on his laptop? I think yours should be windows 10.
    windows 10 1909andylb said:
    Firstly your BIOS version should be 1.16 go here to update
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1

Run through my GPU guide below and check to see if you have made any errors, if this doesn't work we can try a few other things

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. If you haven't already downloaded and installed it then click the link below to download it. If you get a failure installing the new Control Center then download and run DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html for a clean uninstall of your current AMD Center and Drivers then try to install again

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-1-4

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up correctly in the Control Center and are gaming on their Dedicated Vega 8 GPU which gives poor performance and is not designed for gaming. I have your exact model and my gaming experience using the AMD 2020 Control Center is good, Follow these instructions

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

my bios is 1.16 and all drivers are up to date, and i know how to set my amd settings and my settings are better i think,GAMING6698 said:
    @6kapserg your game is running in integrated graphic in Vega 8 not in Rx560x for that You need to update your GPU driver follow these steps-

Download amd radeon software which will update your graphic card, officially develop by amd.

Go through link select RX560X and download software.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

After installation open software then your game will be added in gaming tab if not then simply add game.exe file manually and always launch your game from software only 
    ( play while plugin to get 100%performance and set high performance power plan in nitrosense)

A Bold New Look, for a New Era in Graphics

Introducing a completely redesigned gaming application, placing hot, in-demand features even closer to your fingertips. Access full software functionality directly in-game, providing a fantastic gaming experience.

After completing above steps follow this 
    then go to change plan setting (right side of the high performance plan)
    -Then go to change advance power settings
    -Then find and expand Switchable Dynamic Graphics then expand Global Settings and set maximize performance in both PLUGGED IN AND ON BATTERY
    -then find amd graphics power settings then expand Amd powerplay settings and set maximize performance in both PLUGGED IN AND ON BATTERY
    -set maximum performance if you have this option available

Click yes if your issue is solved 
    i already did these things.

im trying to say that rx560x is better than 750ti but am getting less fps using rx560x, i dont need any suggestions or help because i already know those solutions. am just asking why is rx560x gettings less fps than 750ti? as i mentioned i know how to set up everything for gaming and updating drivers so i just need someone to explain this