Internal screen cracked abruptly

CdJanelle
CdJanelle Member Posts: 2 New User
My child received a R11 for Christmas and only uses under supervision to ensure proper use both physically and navigation. 
The other day he opened it in front of me and while doing so had his thumb below the camera(he wasn't pinching it) as he lifted, we heard a faint crunch/ cracking sound.   When the screen illuminated a large black circle appeared and an internal crack went diagonally down the right side.   
We have used everything from smart phones to laptops, kindles, iPads, to Samsung tablets and have never experienced anything like this.  I've attempted to call technical support twice and was waiting an hour each time before giving up. I tried emailing an address that customer service gave me (support@acer.com) and the email was returned to sender. 
The question...has anyone else experienced this?  Seems to be a defect that could be covered by warranty considering the gorilla glass and the fact that the fracture happened under typical usage not aggressive mishandling.  With schooling now remote given the scope of the world today he needs this device for distant learning.

Answers

• CdJanelle
    CdJanelle Member Posts: 2 New User
    This is the screen😱. There has never been pressure placed to warrant this internal cracking to occur...I don't understand.
    Clearly black horizontal scribbles are to cover name and profile pic.
  • Sara55555
    Sara55555 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problemen with my new laptop Acer Swift 5. Sent is back for repairs, they say i dropped it. I did not. 
  • @Sara55555 It would be interesting if you send a photo and inform the device model.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)