Predator g3-710 not booting

Options
fribbl3
fribbl3 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi

My Predator G3-710 gets past post, the Predator symbol appears and a 5 dots goes in a circle has it starts booting windows 10, but it's stuck there.

I've flashed the bios - no change
removed dvd-writer - no change
tried to restore from a saves point - failes saying a driver has not load
tried a factory reset but it gets to 50% re boots and undoes changes

any thing else i can try

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020
    Options
    How long is it stuck? If it's doing a big Windows update it might take two or three hours... Same thing if it doing a chkdsk on the C: partition.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • fribbl3
    Options
    i left my pc on overnight and it was still the same
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, try booting into diagnostic mode. You can do this by breaking off the Windows startup three times in a row using the power button. Once there try the automatic startup repair and let us know what happens.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • fribbl3
    Options
    Hi tried that but it stops @ 50% reboots and undoes changes

I disconnected my HDD and booted my PC same issue it just hangs 
  • billsey
    Options
    Diagnostic mode kicks in before the OS starts it's load, which is where the hang is appearing. The 'three times forced power off' thing should have gotten you there. :( Do you have access to another machine and a spare flash drive? If so create a Windows install flash drive and boot from it to get into diagnostics.
  • fribbl3
    Options
    Hi think I have found the issue the onboard ssd disk is faulty. how to I disable/remove the onboard ssd

• billsey
    Options
    The onboard SSD is an M.2 slot that sits between the GPU slot ad the first of the PCE x1 slots. You take the little M2x3 screw out and the board springs up a bit, allowing you to simply pull it out.
  • fribbl3
    Options
    I removed the m.2 ssd it fixed the issue. Now i have no windows drive. Do you know how to get an OME version of windows to install on a new hdd. (no i didn't back up my PC)

• billsey
    Options
    The best way is likely to just go to Acer and get a Recovery image, that takes you back to factory defaults, including all the Acer drivers and programs. If you are in the USA or Canada you can purchase the recovery media through the Acer store, outside those countries you have to contact Acer support. The cheapest way is to download a Windows ISO from Microsoft, likely Windows 10 Home 64bit, flash it to a USB thumb drive with either the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft or with Rufus and install the OS from that flash drive. You will then have to install any drivers that are missing by downloading from the Acer site. You will be missing any of the software that doesn't have a download link on the Acer support site, but you'd be back up and running without having to purchase a new copy of the OS.
    Either way, once you are back up and running, create a recovery image and put it somewhere safe, but easy to remember. :)
  • fribbl3
    Options
    Thanks for all you help i'm back up and running now
  • billsey
    Options
    Good to hear! :)