Why is my screen tiny? Help!

Ktdianne
Ktdianne Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I just took my new Acer Aspire Z24 out of the box. Turned it on and the screen is only showing in the middle of the screen in a box about an inch and a half tall. I can't see anything to even get through the setup process. How do I fix this?? Help? 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    Have you ever pressed the OSD button? Press the OSD menu button on the monitor once to access the OSD. Press the OSD menu button again to navigate through the menu.
    The OSD menu has five selectable icons for configuring the various OSD functions. These include:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited April 2020
    What is it?

What model is the z24-890-UA91?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ktdianne
    Yes, it's a Z24-890-UA91
  • you probably already did that. However, have you checked that the power adapter is plugged in correctly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ktdianne
    Yeah, I did.  When it first starts up the screen is normal sized for just a second and then goes itsy bitsy. I also tried turning it off and back on.  After that I was out of ideas. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    Have you ever pressed the OSD button? Press the OSD menu button on the monitor once to access the OSD. Press the OSD menu button again to navigate through the menu.
    The OSD menu has five selectable icons for configuring the various OSD functions. These include:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ktdianne
    So, I managed to click through the set up (no idea what options I chose or what I agreed to!) and once it got to the normal home screen everything looks fine. It was the weirdest thing!! 
  • So did my tip help you?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zippo76
    Zippo76 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello, It might be the wrong section on this website.
    Same exat thing happened configuring an ACER ASPIRE. Any hint? 

• Is your model the Aspire Z24?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer