Acer Aspire TC-330 EB11 CPU Upgrades?

Options
LookingForHelp
LookingForHelp Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I recently bought an Acer Aspire TC-330 EB11 and i was wondering if i could upgrade the CPU. The computer is great overall, but the AMD A9 processor lacks in the gaming department.

Best Answers

• IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,500 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HI,

this processor is soldered to the motherboard. So replacing the processor means replacing the motherboard also.

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Most of the GPU cards have specs that give suggested numbers for the PSU. A 500W would likely be sufficient for most cards, a 650-750W would cover even the newest. As Ivan suggested a 1060 might be a good choice, but one of the newer ones would be faster. Look to see which are in your budget, remembering the cost of the PSU and you should be able to come up with some good choices.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• IVAN_PC
    Answer ✓
    Options
    HI,

this processor is soldered to the motherboard. So replacing the processor means replacing the motherboard also.

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • LookingForHelp
    Options
    If the CPU is soldered to the motherboard, would I be able to get any graphics card upgrades, or is the graphics card also fixed in place?
  • billsey
    Options
    Yes, you can upgrade the GPU, you have an x16 slot deigned for that. It looks like the PSU is standard ATX, so upgrading that to handle newer GPU cards is easy. You either have a 200W or 300W supply now, so will likely need a bigger one with most any of the current cards.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IVAN_PC
    Options
    If the CPU is soldered to the motherboard, would I be able to get any graphics card upgrades, or is the graphics card also fixed in place?
    You can place this graphic, it is compatible in the socket x 16 of the motherboard.
    https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/Rating/3639

Also when putting a graph of these characteristics, a PSU of 400W minimum is recommended.

Regards.

• LookingForHelp
    Options
    If I were to upgrade my GPU, it would also mean that I would have to upgrade my PSU right? Also, what Graphics cards would be compatible with my computer? (preferably one within the 100 to 200$ range. CAD)
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Most of the GPU cards have specs that give suggested numbers for the PSU. A 500W would likely be sufficient for most cards, a 650-750W would cover even the newest. As Ivan suggested a 1060 might be a good choice, but one of the newer ones would be faster. Look to see which are in your budget, remembering the cost of the PSU and you should be able to come up with some good choices.
  • LookingForHelp
    Options
    Would the GT 1030 2Gb fit in my PC?
  • billsey
    Options
    As long as you have enough power and the right power connectors you should be good. It wouldn't hurt to measure the space available though, some GPU vendors build larger cards than others.
  • LookingForHelp
    Options
    I measured the slot for the GPU and it seems like it is only around 11 cm (I couldn't fully get my ruler in). Would that would mean that I could only put a GPU with a maximum length of around 110mm?
  • LookingForHelp
    Options
    Also, the graphics cards I am looking to buy exceeds 11 cm.
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, sounds like you need a shorty card to keep it under 110mm.
  • LookingForHelp
    Options
    Does the card only need to fit in my case or does it also need to fit in my PCi slot? Because all the graphics cards that I find are around 150 mm in length and my PCI slot seems tiny.This is the inside of my pc
  • billsey
    Options
    The card is designed to fit the slot, with that plastic clip toward the back locking it in place. The space behind the slot is available for the card to overhang, you'll notice there aren't any cables coming up from the MB directly behind where the card goes. I can't tell easily from the picture, is that black wire actually connected to the WiFi card? I can see the white one is...