Acer Nitro 5 - FPS Drop

Options
Fjordi
Fjordi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
So i bought an Acer Nitro 5 on September, and i have been casually playing games on it. Recently i have noticed having random fps drops, like every 5 or 10 minutes for a short time of 2-3 seconds. 
I have tried to follow advices saying that i should play with plugged in battery at 100%, also at best performance plan. Ive also updated my drivers and done all that and i still get fps drop.
Any one has an idea what could it be?
Laptop Version AN515-52-53RG
I have heard that this laptop overheats a lot, and many have suggested have the thermal paste changed. Is that a good idea? What can be other solutions to my problem?

Answers

• Nero21
    Nero21 Member Posts: 191 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options
    I want to ask you a question that i learn from @andylb and @GAMING6698.
    Question is when you experience fps drop that time open nitrosense and check your CPU/GPU temperature and tell us 
  • Fjordi
    Fjordi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    So i started playing Assassins Creed Syndicate at low-medium settings, and experienced 2 times FPS drop in 10 minutes, CPU Temp was at 93 while the GPU around 75
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,347 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Fjordi you CPU clock decreases when temperature is 90+ to cool down system.
    While clock speed decreases you experience fps drop ,shuttering.
    Turn on cool boost and then play
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Thermal Throttling at 93 deg. Repaste with Grizzly Kryonaut but only if you don't have the sticker saying "Warranty Void if removed" on the underside.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★