Cannot enable legacy boot mode on ES1-533

smiro
smiro Member Posts: 6 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Having issues switching to legacy boot mode on a ES1-533 Acer laptop I am trying to troubleshoot. 
I have set a supervisor password to unlock the option to disable secure boot, disabled secure boot, saved and exited the "bios", re-entered the bios to find that it is still hard set to UEFI boot mode and I am still not able to change it. There is also a secure boot mode option under security I am not able to select. I even tried setting a user password and hard drive password for ***** and giggles. There is nothing in the online manual pertaining to this from what I can see. Anyone have any experience with this one?

Answers

• smiro
    Just realized this thread should be under E Series
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    set a supervisor/admin password to disable secure boot and enable the F12 boot option.  Legacy isn't generally going to be an option these days.  So what operating system are you attempting to load (I'm assuming that's why you want legacy)?
  • smiro
    edited March 2020
    As mentioned, I already did the above steps and it still won't allow me to change the options nor will it allow me to boot from my thumb drive which is MBR. Just trying to boot some utilities to run hardware diagnostics on this PC. 
  • smiro
    Since I don't see an option to delete this thread and it hasn't been moved, I'm going to just go ahead and create the same thread in the correct forum. Please feel free to delete or close this thread as it was posted in the wrong forum.