Nitro 5 AN515-52 will not power up

markwes
markwes Member Posts: 5 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi!
My fans have been a little noisy, so i wanted to look for dust, and turned off my computer just before the battery was discharged. When I tried to turn i back on, it did not respond at all. I connected the charger, and the blue light came on, but still no response. I read here at the forum about draining the battery, so I opened the computer and unpulgged both the main battery and the battery below it, but it did not help. I pushed the the "tiny hole button" for 4sec and 40sec, but it did not help. I waited for a complete recharging but it still did not restart. There is power, and I can charge my phone via the USB-ports, but the computer fails to start.

I had a simliar problem when the computer was new, but then I got a bluescreen first, and sent the computer back to have it fixed. This time my warranty is out (I bought it in August 2018), and there is a corona-pandemic ongoing, so sending my laptop off for weeks at a time everybody is staying at home is not a very tempting offer.

I have not found any "interlock interrupt button", (there are four "soldering-points" near the ram, but there has never been a button there), and would pressing this "magic button" really wake the computer from its cindarella sleep? (I have not tried a kiss of true love- for honestly my love is fading rapidly when it can not be turned on.)

But seriously, how do I get my computer to power on? The computer was fine until I shut it down, and I have not had any battery issues or other issues, except that the fans now have started to rattle at high speed. Why does the computer fail to power on? What can I do to fix it? (I have a simple multimeter somewhere, so if someone can tell me what to look for I am eager to figure this out.) 

Best Answer

• markwes
    Answer ✓
    I got it back from service today, and the report says only: "Fixed keyboard, test OK" - so I still don't know the details of what was wrong - but it is working now. They also didn't send me a bill, so this may have been a hardware error (still covered by guarantee) - or the corona-virus is delaying the billing system so I will get it later.

Answers

• Before cleaning the fans, did you disconnect the lithium battery? If you have not done so, I suggest that you try to disconnect and reconnect the battery again.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • markwes
    Cleaning the fans I did not disconnect anything - but when the computer did not restart I opened it and pulled the plug from the battery to the motherboard. Are there multiple plugs that should be unplugged?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    Have  look here, there is a good tuition of how to disconnect the battery on a Nitro 5 https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/543434/how-to-remove-battery-from-acer-nitro-5
  • markwes
    Thanks. I did that, but still no power. I noticed that the "plastic-bus" (keyboard?) was taped to the battery, so removing the battery I unplugged that bus. I put it back and moved the tape - but still no power. I contacted the shop who sold me the PC, and they asked me to send it in. I will do that, and will thus not be able to follow up on any good advice here.
  • I have seen similar problems where the culprit of the problem was the CMOS RTC battery. Do the battery and power LEDs light or flash?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • markwes
    Yes, the blue LED is lit when i connect. I did disconnect both batteries, but still it didn’t power up. Still, is the power really depending on the motherboard battery in any way?
  • I've seen similar problems where the culprit was the keyboard. What happens when you press several keys and with them still pressed, press the power button?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• markwes
    Answer ✓
    I got it back from service today, and the report says only: "Fixed keyboard, test OK" - so I still don't know the details of what was wrong - but it is working now. They also didn't send me a bill, so this may have been a hardware error (still covered by guarantee) - or the corona-virus is delaying the billing system so I will get it later.
  • OK! I put your answer as resolved.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer