Acer predator x35 black screen not color fault. Ned hard reset to work

Tonh3im
Tonh3im Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
hello :) my x35 screen started and behave strange today. When I'm on the PC, the screen suddenly turns black and the screen image moves to screen number 2. No buttons on the x35 work, just a blue light in the bottom right corner. in order to make this work again, I have to unplug the power supply and plug it in again. then everything is normal. but after 5 minutes it happens again. i have tried hdmi and dp. nothing works. I even have to try and reset it to factory settings. but does not help. have and tried and have only power cable in the screen without any other cables and sit and press the buttons of the screen so that it does not go to sleep and it happens then and. and these are not blu light issues.

Answers

• EvroHQ
    EvroHQ Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    From two days I have my predator xb27hk down, black screen with just only the blue led on, nothing work for me, if I unplug and re plug I’ve just the blue led on, I don’t know what’s going on, the led of the monitor stay constantly blue even the computer is off

• Tonh3im
    today the screen has been without power for many hours. I connected it to PC and problems are still there. I have tried and hold the power button for 30 seconds with no power connected but it does not help. i have disabled gsync, hdr and changed hz to everything. but seems like the screen needs to be submitted to the store
  • Uzap
    Uzap Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Seems this is a new common issue. I just had this issue happened to my X35 2days ago. The unit is currently collected by ACER for testing but the engineer told me it is likely be a motherboard/mainboard issue. 
    What happened to mine was i was watching youtube and suddenly the screen went black but my youtube was still playing in the back from the sound i was hearing from the speaker. I can tell my pc was still running as i can press spacebar to stop the video and run it. So i did a restart on my pc and after window comes back, my screen was still black. I also noticed the power button, OSD was not responding. Only hard reset and my screen my back working.
  • Uzap
    I would suggest u ask your local ACER support to take a look at your unit. I believed the warranty for this monitor should be onsite for your country?
  • Tonh3im
    I found out the error. I connected another monitor. and the error was there. but a little different. I took out the video card and opened it. then all the pasta was gone. i cleaned the gpu and put on new paste and reconnected and everything worked. tested the screen for 6-7 hours and never got a problem.
  • Uzap
    Good for u . Hope the issue doesnt comes back. For mine , it random and happened twice so far. I only have one monitor so i contacted ACER for their action.
  • Tonh3im
    It did happand randomly in the start. But maby u got another problem. I hope the best for u. Its an expensive monitor
  • Tonh3im
    And now the problem did come back. Tried a new gpu new cabel but the problem is the screen. 
  • Uzap
    I did mentioned to you when i saw your monitor symptoms similar to what i was having.(because its totally random so its hard to pinpoint but if the OSD hanged and cannot be fixed until hard restart(removing power and back) then it could be the motherboard having issue - according to the engineer from ACER.)
    I had my monitor sent back from ACER 3 days ago and now its working great. Engineer told me they had changed to a new motherboard for the monitor. I have yet to encounter the same issue again. I suggest you call up ACER for warranty for your monitor as well.
  • Tonh3im
    So i need to send ot back to the shop? So they can change the motherboard in the screen?
  • Uzap
    i am not sure if you are sending back to the vendor. For my country, we request for servicing via ACER and they will send someone over to collect the monitor and deliver it back once its repaired(since the warranty is onsite). Yes , apparently they can change the mb at the back of the screen.
  • Tonh3im
    Here i live we are always returning to the shop. And then they sendt it in. But now it works again. I hawe warranty for 2 years left. I should send it in when this virus in the world is finish. Becouse then it wouldnt take months to fix it