Gateway Solo 9300

davidsimeone
davidsimeone Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I picked one of these up from a friends mom who used to work on some arts board in NYC, wondering if any veterans remember what version of the restoration kit cd set i need, this particular one runs windows ME. Or if someone could at least point me to a spot to download drivers that are specific to this model, such as the the built in tv capture card. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Wow, that's going to be a challenge, a 20 year old laptop (ME came out in 2000, XP in 2001) I'd do a bunch of Googling to see if anyone has drivers archived, XP is likely to be the newest supported OS.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • davidsimeone
    I’ve been able to find a Gateway OEM auto install of Windows ME, and a decent amount of drivers so far. Sadly a lot of old discussions lead to a now deleted support page on the Gateway website. The only ones I haven’t been able to find are the keyboard drivers. Guess i’ll keep looking. Thanks. 
  • davidsimeone
    Nevermind, I've successfully been able to locate all the drivers now, thanks.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Great! It's pretty amazing just how long things can last on the internet...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.