No sound

Options
Gerwin
Gerwin Member Posts: 6 New User
edited April 23 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I tried several solutions to solve my soundproblem at an Acer Travelmate 7740Z. Latest driver is available. I made a brand new install laptop with Windows 10. 
There is a red cross in the sound symbol. I googled the internet but no solution found. The FN combination key is also no solution.
Can someone give the advice i need. This laptop is not a new one but i remember the sound problem is a thing that start almost in the beginning it was bought.
Thanks for helping.

Regards Gerwin

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you try to update the bios:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gerwin
    Options
    Hi, thanks for responding. Update Bios that i find at acer.com is only for windows 7. I installed windows 10, i tried to unpack the zip file but will not work.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Try downloading the driverbooster program and see if it resolves the sound problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Fire up Device Manager to see if it is reporting any errors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gerwin
    Options
    I did the driverbooster but no results.
    In device manager i see no errors.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you enter the driver IDHARDWARE?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gerwin
    Options
    Sorry, where can i find that?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gerwin
    Options
    Can you show it in English or Dutch?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    check here my friend:
    How To Find and Install Drivers using Device Hardware Id or HWID

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    Options
    When you click on the sound icon, does the volume slider appear? What is the output device being shown?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gerwin
    Options
    I will attach some pictures from the sound icon and also device.
  • billsey
    Options
    So it looks like it is saying that the drivers haven't been fully installed. Try removing the device in Device Manager then reboot and let it reinstall the drivers. If you still have the issue, remove it again and before rebooting download and install the Acer drivers.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can also use windows troubleshooting as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer