GTX 1050 Ti graphics card in Aver Aspire VX 15 not working

ThimothyRules
ThimothyRules Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

In the last couple of months I have been experiencing problems with my GTX 1050 Ti graphics card not working. If I try to launch any game from steam and minecraft they can't display the content (black screen). The epic games launcher simple doesn't work. It is flickering...
I have been researching a bit, talking with different people about the problem, at everything points in the direction that the problem lies with the computer itself (Acer Aspire VX 15) and not the driver for the graphics card (wich we (people with same computer and same issues) have tried to update numerous times.

Is there anyone here that might have a solution to this problem?

Best Answer

• ThimothyRules
    Answer ✓
    I solved the issue! Apparently you have to force an update for the intel driver. Because of the fact that the computer is quite old, the computer won't recognize a new update, so a bit of computer magic is required (downloading a new driver on the intel web page and installing it manually). I don't remember how, but forcing an update is not too much trouble. A tutorial on youtube should be easy to find.

After that everything should work.
    Hope this helps

Answers

• gunja13
    gunja13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,

I am one of those who have the same problem, please provide us some information because this is really starting to be huge annoyance... 
  • Aspharr101
    Aspharr101 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same problems, If someone found something please share
  • TestOrange
    TestOrange Member Posts: 1 New User
    Absolutely the same
  • whyisbiosnotadvanced
    whyisbiosnotadvanced Member Posts: 1 New User
    Absolutly the same problem, but I think it could be fixxed if Acer was opening the advanced tab in bios for all.
  • Eitan18
    Eitan18 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue here. Although for me, it seems as if only a couple of random games don't launch. Some still work fine, weirdly enough. If anybody has found a solution, I'd be glad to hear it.
  • ThimothyRules
    Answer ✓
    I solved the issue! Apparently you have to force an update for the intel driver. Because of the fact that the computer is quite old, the computer won't recognize a new update, so a bit of computer magic is required (downloading a new driver on the intel web page and installing it manually). I don't remember how, but forcing an update is not too much trouble. A tutorial on youtube should be easy to find.

After that everything should work.
    Hope this helps