Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Wifi won't turn on - Acer Aspire e11 es1-111m-c3cp - Windows 10

abcdabcdabcdabcd Member Posts: 11 New User
For some reason I can't turn on the Wifi on my Acer Aspire e11 es1-111m-c3cp. All Windows Updates are done.
Device Manager/Network Adapters/Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Properties "This device is working properly".
Driver date 11/08/2015 7.35.303.0
In Settings, I can turn on Wifi but on the taskbar bottom right of the screen it remains off and I can't enable the Wifi rectangular icon (it remains greyed out), which is quite funny as on the left hand side (Settings) the Wifi is ON but on the same screen at the same time, bottom right, the Wifi is OFF!
Fn + F3 fails to correct this.
The Wifi has performed perfectly in the past.
Any ideas please?

FAQ & Answers

  • GAMING6698GAMING6698 Member Posts: 692 Seasoned Specialist
    abcdabcd said:
    For some reason I can't turn on the Wifi on my Acer Aspire e11 es1-111m-c3cp. All Windows Updates are done.
    Device Manager/Network Adapters/Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Properties "This device is working properly".
    Driver date 11/08/2015 7.35.303.0
    In Settings, I can turn on Wifi but on the taskbar bottom right of the screen it remains off and I can't enable the Wifi rectangular icon (it remains greyed out), which is quite funny as on the left hand side (Settings) the Wifi is ON but on the same screen at the same time, bottom right, the Wifi is OFF!
    Fn + F3 fails to correct this.
    The Wifi has performed perfectly in the past.
    Any ideas please?
    Again go to Device Manager/Network Adapters and uninstall the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter then restart your system and check your Wi-Fi(window will automatically install network adapter once you restart)
  • abcdabcdabcdabcd Member Posts: 11 New User
    Thanks GAMING6698

    I tried that - and it's still the same. I uninstalled Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter, restarted and it loaded an older driver, then I updated the driver (using ethernet cable) and it has reverted to 7.35.303.0 and still, I'm afraid, I cannot turn on Wifi... any other ideas? Thanks
  • GAMING6698GAMING6698 Member Posts: 692 Seasoned Specialist
    edited March 26
    abcdabcd said:
    Thanks GAMING6698

    I tried that - and it's still the same. I uninstalled Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter, restarted and it loaded an older driver, then I updated the driver (using ethernet cable) and it has reverted to 7.35.303.0 and still, I'm afraid, I cannot turn on Wifi... any other ideas? Thanks
    Go to settings →update and security then right side there is troubleshoot click on it and run troubleshoot internet connections ,incoming connection and network adaptor one by one 
  • abcdabcdabcdabcd Member Posts: 11 New User
    Thanks GAMING6698 - I ran 'Troubleshoot' and it says "Wireless Capability is turned off"! Why can't it switch it back on for me? I have no hardware switch to switch it back on... thanks.
  • GAMING6698GAMING6698 Member Posts: 692 Seasoned Specialist
    abcdabcd said:
    Thanks GAMING6698 - I ran 'Troubleshoot' and it says "Wireless Capability is turned off"! Why can't it switch it back on for me? I have no hardware switch to switch it back on... thanks.
    Problem solved?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category4

atatata
atatata
HamzaHassain
HamzaHassain
Menticek88
Menticek88
TestietFoot
TestietFoot

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer


Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos