Wifi won't turn on - Acer Aspire e11 es1-111m-c3cp - Windows 10

abcdabcd
abcdabcd Member Posts: 11 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
For some reason I can't turn on the Wifi on my Acer Aspire e11 es1-111m-c3cp. All Windows Updates are done.
Device Manager/Network Adapters/Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Properties "This device is working properly".
Driver date 11/08/2015 7.35.303.0
In Settings, I can turn on Wifi but on the taskbar bottom right of the screen it remains off and I can't enable the Wifi rectangular icon (it remains greyed out), which is quite funny as on the left hand side (Settings) the Wifi is ON but on the same screen at the same time, bottom right, the Wifi is OFF!
Fn + F3 fails to correct this.
The Wifi has performed perfectly in the past.
Any ideas please?

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,078 Pathfinder
    abcdabcd said:
    For some reason I can't turn on the Wifi on my Acer Aspire e11 es1-111m-c3cp. All Windows Updates are done.
    Device Manager/Network Adapters/Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter Properties "This device is working properly".
    Driver date 11/08/2015 7.35.303.0
    In Settings, I can turn on Wifi but on the taskbar bottom right of the screen it remains off and I can't enable the Wifi rectangular icon (it remains greyed out), which is quite funny as on the left hand side (Settings) the Wifi is ON but on the same screen at the same time, bottom right, the Wifi is OFF!
    Fn + F3 fails to correct this.
    The Wifi has performed perfectly in the past.
    Any ideas please?
    Again go to Device Manager/Network Adapters and uninstall the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter then restart your system and check your Wi-Fi(window will automatically install network adapter once you restart)
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • abcdabcd
    Thanks GAMING6698

I tried that - and it's still the same. I uninstalled Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter, restarted and it loaded an older driver, then I updated the driver (using ethernet cable) and it has reverted to 7.35.303.0 and still, I'm afraid, I cannot turn on Wifi... any other ideas? Thanks
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    abcdabcd said:
    Thanks GAMING6698

I tried that - and it's still the same. I uninstalled Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter, restarted and it loaded an older driver, then I updated the driver (using ethernet cable) and it has reverted to 7.35.303.0 and still, I'm afraid, I cannot turn on Wifi... any other ideas? Thanks
    Go to settings →update and security then right side there is troubleshoot click on it and run troubleshoot internet connections ,incoming connection and network adaptor one by one 

• abcdabcd
    Thanks GAMING6698 - I ran 'Troubleshoot' and it says "Wireless Capability is turned off"! Why can't it switch it back on for me? I have no hardware switch to switch it back on... thanks.
  • GAMING6698
    abcdabcd said:
    Thanks GAMING6698 - I ran 'Troubleshoot' and it says "Wireless Capability is turned off"! Why can't it switch it back on for me? I have no hardware switch to switch it back on... thanks.
    Problem solved?

• Sadatali
    Sadatali Member Posts: 10 New User
    abcdabcd said:
    Problem solved?
    I have the same issue... it still doesn’t work.. please help me