Acer predator 17 DEAD

Options
Robert92
Robert92 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello guys, i have an Acer predator 17 g9-793 and yesterday I was playing when my laptop suddenly turned off.. I turned it on and after 5 minutes it turned off once again and did not turned on after that.I have no light on, no nothing.My laptop charger makes a weird noise when it's plugged in (like a static noise), but what is really strange is that my laptop has no light on when is plugged in, the battery is empty(because it won't start unplugged) it is just dead.Can a laptop like mine get fried? It doesn't smell like it's burned.. Could it have a defense system that doesn't let any power in when the laptop charger is detected faulty or something.It's really frustrating for a laptop this expensive to get wasted so fast.. I think I have it for like 2-3 years..
Thanks guys.. 😐

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains and follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 mins, reconnect AC adapter and fully charge the battery before trying to start again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

• Robert92

Tinkerer

Options
    I already tried this, thank you. I went to a pc technician and the man that works there said my laptop charger is not good anymore. I hope that is the case and ordered a new one. The weird thing is that when I play for example and my laptop ls not charging the game is moving badly, but this time it did not move badly, it just shut down... I hope the charger is the problem just because I don't feel like a laptop so expensive can die in 2-3 years.. 
  • Robert92

Tinkerer

Options
    Update.. Today I received the new power adapter...the bottom line is thet the old power adapter fried my motherboard, weird... No smoke no nothing..This is the quality of an over 2000 euro laptop.. 
  • Cassius_CZ
    Cassius_CZ Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I have just the same symptoms. One day I wanted to turn on my g9-793 predator and the notebook didn't turn on. When the charger is plugged in it makes clicking noise every second. When adapter is ungplugged from notebook, the noise is not clicking. I also do not see any diods on the notebook to be turn on when the notebook is pluged to adapter. I tried to replace battery for new one, but the same behaviour. I also checked the adapter and its voltage output and it is OK, 19,5V. It seems like the adapter wants to charge the notebook, but the notebook refuse to be charged. It could be the frequent clicking noise issue. Signal from adapter goes in to notebook, then declination signal from notebook goes out: like the ntb would be saying, hey something wrong is with me, do not charge me. Servis centre told me that it could be malfunctioning motherboard and to be fixed by replacing with new one would cost me around 1200 €, that it would not make sense to fix it, not rentabil. I had the notebook 4,5 years and now its dead 😥. Btw within warranty acer service technicians changed me once the original motherboard for new one after 2 years, so this has been the second one fried after next 2,5 years. Like every 2 years the motherboard is fried, dead. So this 3rd one is not covered by warranty at the moment and I would have to pay to be fixed. Bye bye my notebook. I guess I will never buy again acer products next time.