Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Swift SF314-54-33C7 RAM memory upgrade not working.

Hi, 
I tried to update my Swift SF314-54-33C7 laptop ram. I purchased a Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 Sodimm memory. But when inserting the memory the laptop wont even open when powering it on. Before I purchased I checked on the Crucial site and it say that 100 percent the memory would work on my laptop. 

https://www.crucial.com/scanview/3EA7D97731D926C3#memory

Do anyone have try to upgrade Swift SF314-54-33C7 with this type of memory?

Please advise.
Thanks.

Best Answer

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 20,282 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    RAM 2666 is not supported on this model.
    It is limited to a maximum of 2133 by the processor and chipset.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

FAQ & Answers

• MaClaneMaClane ACE Posts: 20,282 Trailblazer
    Good Evening carlosaragena04 !

This model supports up to 12Gb of RAM (4GB being integrated with the motherboard and a single slot for expansion of up to 8Gb, ie 4 + 8 = 12) DDR4

Use CPUz to identify your installed one.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• carlosaragena04carlosaragena04 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    Good Evening carlosaragena04 !

This model supports up to 12Gb of RAM (4GB being integrated with the motherboard and a single slot for expansion of up to 8Gb, ie 4 + 8 = 12) DDR4

Use CPUz to identify your installed one.
    Thanks for the reply, MaClane..

That was I thought also based on the specs. But unfortunately whenever I inserted the new Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 on the motherboard ram memory slot then tried to power it on. The laptop would not open and the screen has no display at all. That why I can't run the CPUz when the ram is in.

I will try to run CPUz  with the build in mb 4gb ram. I will try to post it here.

Tinkerer

Hi, run the CPUz tools with the build in memory only and here's what I got.

Checking the SPD for Slot 1 and 2. both has no value.

Accepted Answer
    RAM 2666 is not supported on this model.
    It is limited to a maximum of 2133 by the processor and chipset.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

Tinkerer

Thanks, MaClane. Now I know, I should have checked it first on this forum before I purchased the ram. Crucial compatibility site should correct their site wrong info.
    Crucial is just a tool (which many trust but don't understand how it works) as a raw data collection base.
    He widely considers any series but does not take specific models into account.
    In other words ... a bunch of raw data that actually needs to be analyzed by users before reaching a conclusion.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™