KG241P - DisplayPort not working/No signal

abagewitz
abagewitz Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi

I have hade a KG241P for a while, connecting a laptop to the monitor by a cabel mini-displayport -> Display port.

On two prior occations the display port just stopped working. HDMI-cabel worked. After a day or so the display port started to work again. Now it has happend for the third time but now it stays not working. I have tried the same computer and the same cabel with the different monitor and it works fine. I think that rules out problems with the laptop or the cabel.

What can be the problem? WHat can I try to do to fix it?

Please help...

Answers

• abagewitz
    abagewitz Member Posts: 2 New User
    An addition to the above. The laptop seems to "think" that it's connected to the monitor. In display settings I can see and select the monitor and set it up as dual screen. I can move windows and mouse over to second screen but the monitor is all black.
  • boooomb
    boooomb Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am just now also experiencing this same issue with the same monitor except I am using a dual monitor set up on a desktop. I am using my setup as usual, but then I leave for an hour to make and eat food. I come back and my KG241P is not functional. It goes all black but I can kind of interact with it not including sound since it is my primary monitor. I have no clue what happened to this thing during the hour I was gone, but even though this thing lasted me 2 years I am now somewhat regretful to have bought it. It works with a HDMI, but I only have one and it's the one already connected to my second monitor so I'm going to buy a second DP cable to see if that's the issue, but as far as I can tell this monitor is failing me. If anyone has any input to provide that would be greatly appreciated.