Aspire A315-54K How to fix webcam

Scuz
Scuz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
We have been enjoying using Zoom on brand new Acer Aspire A315-54K then suddenly the video seemed to go off. It's actually on just very dark. Nothing in the room has changed compared to when it was working. We tested using the device using the MS Camera app and got the same result...until we click to go the gallery and then use the back arrow. The camera then shows expected bright picture for the duration that the app is open. Close the camera app and start again and it's dark. The cam had only been used via Zoom until this point. When we go back to Zoom the view is dark. It seems as though this is a soft issue maybe a conflict. We've installed all Windows updates. Thanks

Answers

• Is the camera identified in the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • imissemental1058
    imissemental1058 Member Posts: 5 New User
    I have Acer Aspire 3 (from John Lewis) and my webcam is dark as well, It also works for awhile and then later on goes dark. Please advise.  I have tried updating windows. I have also uninstalled and then restarted the computer but still dark.
  • Check here too: https://pt.webcamtests.com/
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • imissemental1058
    edited May 2020
    Hi egydiocoelho...Yes device shows up...vga webcam and serial number is XXXXXXXX, thank you, what next please?! camera is still dark! best wishes (r u in Brazil?)

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.
    Acer-Samuel
  • What happens when you uninstall the camera driver in the device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• imissemental1058
    how do I uninstall the camera driver in the device manager? Maybe my camera is working again now but have to wait and see. please give advice anyway, thank you
  • imissemental1058
    In device manager my vga webcam is under cameras. I have uninstalled and restarted my computer and it returns to returns to device manager and cameras...so far working still..was darkened still when less light in a less bright room. In my kitchen in the afternoon..I looked like a cartoon character...just eyes and mouth and white ghosly outlinr! 

• So the problem was solved?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• imissemental1058
    I think it is working properly now, I will be back if any problems in future, thank you, muchas gracias, merci beaucoup, danke schon, obrigado :)
  • For now, I will post my answer as resolved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LyndaT_Ireland
    LyndaT_Ireland Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I'm having the same problem with my Aspire 3 A314-21 - I've looked at uninstalling the driver, but it only gives the option to uninstall the device - presumably that's the same thing? Thanks in advance. 
  • @LyndaT_Ireland Yes. After, restart the windows!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ashburnham
    Ashburnham Member Posts: 5 New User
    Uninstalling device and restarting windows does resolve the dark webcam on mine but only temporarily. Same issue is back again. Repeated process of uninstalling/restarting which fixed it again but then returned again after a couple of Zoom video calls. Can't keep doing this, surely a software fix is needed.
  • Does the same problem occur when you reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ashburnham
    The Win restore did not work. Regardless, this is a brand new laptop with default settings being used. In fact nothing has been installed or altered on the system other than web browsing and using zoom.

• Can you tell us which video application you are using? Try uninstalling the antivirus, if one is installed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Atari
    Atari Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just fixed my webcam by going into the camera app then going into settings to change the "flicker reduction" from 50Hz to 60Hz. Hope this helps!
  • Ashburnham
    Can you tell us which video application you are using? Try uninstalling the antivirus, if one is installed.
    Using Zoom when problem occurs but also going into the standard installed camera app shows the same issue. No antivirus installed.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    ORIGINAL
    Você verificou a dica do colega Atari?
    TRANSLATED

Did you check the tip from colleague Atari?

Edited the content by translating from Portuguese to English 

Acer-Samuel

egydiocoelho Trailblazer