Display issue Aspire desktop TC-705

yesbobber
yesbobber Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Recently the display on my desktop has shown some strange behavior. The display will occasionally shake (vertically) or flicker. It is not app specific. The video card used is what was installed orginaly. It is a NIVIDIA GT-710. Latest driver from the NIVIDIA website was installed to no avail. Tried switching displays. Same issue. Video card gone bad?

Best Answer

• yesbobber
    Answer ✓
    Just to bring this issue to a close: The shaking of the a image being displayed on the monitor was indeed solved by purchasing a store-bought GT 710 and replacing the original GT 710. I am not a gamer so the video card works just fine for my needs.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Could also be the cable, verify it's well seated at both ends, and doesn't look like it's been kinked enough to crack any of the wires inside.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yesbobber
    Have tried different cables. Also tried using the HDMI out vs the DVI out. No difference. Could the card slot on the motherboard go bad? Or the motherboard itself is not supplying the necessary signals? The condition is really annoying but not always present. Thanks for the response anyway.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    When the GPU cards don't work and yet they work in a different machine it's more likely to a power issue that the physical slot. The slot can go bad, but it's really rare.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yesbobber
    Answer ✓
    Just to bring this issue to a close: The shaking of the a image being displayed on the monitor was indeed solved by purchasing a store-bought GT 710 and replacing the original GT 710. I am not a gamer so the video card works just fine for my needs.