Monitor XB273K GP - half screen bug in HDR on The Division 2 and other games

GRiMLiNX
GRiMLiNX Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Getting this weird bug when putting HDR on my monitor in some games, Dual DP attached my EVGA Nvidia 2080 Ti.

How can I solve this?

Thanks to all that reply!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Looks like one of the cables is a bit loose.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GRiMLiNX
    GRiMLiNX Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    Looks like one of the cables is a bit loose.
    I've tested it with multiple ports and by taking the cable out and back in, strange it only presents this problem when activating HDR.

Acer suggested I'd send it in
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Probably your best bet then. I can't think what else it might be short of a bad GPU card.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mijin
    Mijin Member Posts: 1 New User
    So here's the deal with this. I have two of these monitors connected to two different computers with different components, and I can replicate this problem on both of them. It would seem the problem only occurs when they're connected through two display ports in utilizing 4k-144Hz mode, but it only occurs when you turn HDR mode on through the windows display settings. However, it would seem, turning HDR mode on through windows display settings isn't required to achieve HDR mode since the monitor has a setting for it. With the monitor set to HDR-400 under picture mode it seems to achieve HDR without it being turned on in windows, and no split screen issue as shown above. Please correct me if I'm wrong.