edited March 2023 in Windows 10
hello 
i want the windows 10 software and product key for my accer computer 
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening laxman !

Acer does not supply the OEM system from the factory directly to the end user.
    The system copy is on the hidden recovry partition and can be backed up for future reinstallation.
    The key is integrated in Bios and can be obtained with some reading software.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Upendra1432
    Upendra1432 Member Posts: 1 New User

I want to renstall my laptop

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,032 Trailblazer

Hi @laxman, if "Reset this PC" in windows does not work and you have tried to System restore or Reset with your USB recovery flash drive, I recommend to bring your computer to Acer Services for a complete reinstall of OEM Windows, Acer drivers and firmware. If no warranty they will charge a small service fee of $25.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,868 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023

If your Win-10 is currently operating on your laptop then download the Win-10 installation .ISO files from Microsoft and read the "Additional methods for using the ISO file to install Windows 10"down the page'.

Easiest is to start the Win-10 installation within windows by right clicking the Win-10 .ISO file and click on Mount as that will start the Win-10 installation and when you reach the "Where do you want to install Windows" > click on Format as that will completely format your C:\ drive and you can start a Clean Install installation of Win-10, then start the installation process don’t put any key when asked through the installation process, finish the installation and then go to "Activate Windows > Activate Windows using a digital license" as this Microsoft guide(s) give you every way of activating windows and explains it in detail.

If your Win-10 is not operational on your laptop then you need to make an 8GB USB boot drive with Rufus 3.2as this site explains how to make a bootable USB drive with the windows .ISO installation files step by step or you can also download the Win-10 installation files within Rufus software while you are making the boot USB drive (but its quicker if you first download the .ISO file from Microsoft) and insert it into Rufus software. It’s a simple process.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

The key is stored in your BIOS and as long as you install the same flavor of Windows (Likely Windows Home) it will automatically be recognized when you activate.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • henman
    henman Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Depending IF you even have Windows 10 on your netbook, laptop, desktop computer OR Windows 7, it will still work for 10. If you have already had 10 on your computer including getting it activated, you nolonger need the key and it will reactivate. On some of my ancient hardware, around 2004 with it installed, Microsoft has my hardware information registered to the particular version on this hardware.

IF You have a valid Windows 7 copy and legit keys simply use Microsoft Media Creation Tool and do an upgrade and then you have a legit copy of Windows 10 on that hardware. I have also had Microsoft transfer keys to different hardware.

Needing keys for your Windows 10? Use a utility called Magic Jellybean key finder. It is not a hack or a crack for pirated software but instead is simply a utility that finds the key of your software.

As for a recovery disk or USB the media creater tool will allow you to create a bootable USB installer as well and yes there are utilities for backing up all of your drivers. I always back up my drivers for one reason, if you reinstall any version of Windows, your hardware device manager often cannot determine what your hardware is until a driver is installed. I don't like spending hours searching the web for drivers and this helps if you don't check and see what you actually have!!! Windows 7 drivers often work on hardware with Windows