How to get PCI in AXC-603G

rfo056
rfo056 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Okay, I have tried to get a PCI to get a PCI Sata 3 card in order to get faster data speeds. I’m not a game player. I use to get motion sicknesses when Doom v2 came out. Now, I have a PCI slot perfect for graphics card only the factory psu will not have the juice to power it. There are a lot possibilities available  So this posting is to help others asking about getting a new cpu, adding graphics card etc...
Attached are photos of my progress in my pursuit of making my Acer Sleeper  the MSI H110i Pro iTX motherboard gives me all I will ever want and the ability to keep a very nice case I have become attached to since somewhere back in 2014-15.
Still waiting on my ram and cpu. Speaking of which this board will take up to 64gb of DDR4 and upto i7 7600k process  you can over clock

so here’s the photos. Oh yeah also still working on updating the front USB ports to blue v3 connectors

Expenses
$55 for motherboard
$50 cpu celeriac just to get going i5 later
$70 16gb ram
$8 usb 3 dual connector 
$183 total

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Looking good, and I like the repurposing of newer parts to your case. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• rfo056

Tinkerer

Progress Update
    After hacking up the front connections housing to try and insert the USB3 Cable / Connector part (photos above). I found a better solution on Ebay
    "Acer ATC-780A-UR12 Desktop USB Audio Cardreader Board Panel DA1371100 XC-RTS5143"
    This involved taking it apart to extract the USB/Headphone connector part to put in my housing as they were different.

• rfo056

Tinkerer

So here a shot of the two housings

Top is final of part using my old housing, bottom is of the new USB part I bought off Ebay.
    You can see in bottom part has screw mounting on sides, my part had just one from underside
  • rfo056

Tinkerer

So shots of final projection completion. Still trying to find add in graphic card to fit, it tight fit.

I picked a I5 7400 processor (best my budget would allow. Can go up to i5 7700 K but then that's a 91w
    processor instead of the 65w I'm using. Still working within limits of the original power supply.

Once I find the graphics card I like. I will complete this story.

I'm really of the opinion that it would have be a lot easier to shop for a newer system, but I enjoy doing this stuff. Takes me back to my younger years.
    Expenses
    $ 55 for motherboard          ( $50 cpu celeron just to get going i5 later I don't count this as I'm selling it now)
    $109 for i5 7400 cpu
    $ 70 16gb ram
    $  8 usb 3 dual connector 

$242 total

Wish list is to add a M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x 4 NVME mount on underside of motherboard.
     (maybe for Christmas if I'm good)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Looking good, and I like the repurposing of newer parts to your case. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rfo056

Tinkerer

It has been fun project. Don’t think I’m going to be able o find graphic card under 6” length an less than 30w power 
    currently I figure with help of pcpartpicker.com I’m at 130w when I put the i5 7400 cpu that adds another 30w. Was unable to find the 7400T chip which would have kept power down more
    just found out today the Intel 810 chip set was really not well received