My Acer Switch 5 won’t turn on

Options
Inacio33
Inacio33 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The orange light indicating that it’s charging is constantly on even when the charging cable isn’t connected and whenever i try to turn it on nothing happens. I‘ve tried holding the power on button for longer and also holding the power and volume up button simultaneously but nothing has worked. 
Thanks for your help in advance!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,139 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like SF51x-xx.
  • Inacio33

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like SF51x-xx.
    how can i find that if i can’t turn it on?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Detach the keyboard and lift the stand, there may be a label with the model name.
  • Inacio33

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    Detach the keyboard and lift the stand, there may be a label with the model name.
    i could only find the model number not the model name
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    You have done the reset correctly but did you leave the laptop to rest for a while before trying to star again? If you haven't, switch off the laptop, press power button and volume up buttons together, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 mins, reconnect the AC adapter and let it fully charge the battery, then try starting it again.

• Inacio33

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    You have done the reset correctly but did you leave the laptop to rest for a while before trying to star again? If you haven't, switch off the laptop, press power button and volume up buttons together, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 mins, reconnect the AC adapter and let it fully charge the battery, then try starting it again.

thank you very much, I pressed the buttons together and held them for about 60 seconds but the orange light still didn’t go away, i‘ll wait for 20 minutes now and will charge it again. Hopefully that‘ll work.
  • Inacio33

Tinkerer

Options
    unfortunately that has still not fixed my issue, is there any other way i could try and do it?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Please wait for someone else to chime in.
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    @Inacio33

I would recommend you to contact Acer-Support and report the situation.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • Arjnoro
    Arjnoro Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello the problem with my acer switch (Im actually typing with it) is that after I disconnect it it turns itself off.   Ive read many forums on the subject but nothing seems to work.  I have changed the power options about never turning itself off, never hibernate, always on, many many things.  I reformated it and nothing. Ive checked the battery using  the battery info program and it shows that battery´s health to be 184%  and the light turns from orange to off when full.   The original OS was windows 8.1 and later it updated to Windows 10 which might be te problem.   I love the little machine, the keyboard, the battery lasted for 7 hours, never got hot, the screen is perfect buuuut, the problem with the battery is driving me nuts.  I checked the charge with a multi-meter and is fine.   I hope someone can help me.   Thank you
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try a battery calibration for Windows, it might be shutting down due to low battery even with the battery nearly full. Go through several cycles of running on battery until it shuts down, then charging fully before turning back on. If the problem is corrupted Windows understanding of the battery charge that usually clears it up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.