What is the battery backup of your Acer Nitro 5

Sayobaid
Sayobaid Member Posts: 34 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Please comment here, just for reference

Thanks for your question

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Click "Like" if my answer was just helpful 

Have a good day!  :)

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    Sayobaid said:
    Acer claims that the Nitro 5 can last up to
    7 hours on a Mag battery test (continuous web surfing over Wi-Fi at 150 nits of brightness), the Nitro 5 tapped out after only 4 hours and 22 minutes. 

The battery life the Nitro 5 offers is pretty well in line with most gaming laptops, which is made more impressive considering the bargain price. You should be able to get over five hours of life if you play it safe, but while gaming, you'll no doubt want to keep your charger nearby

This is common gaming laptops drains battery fast 
    Click yes if you get your answer 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Sayobaid
    Sayobaid said:
    7 hours on a Mag battery test (continuous web surfing over Wi-Fi at 150 nits of brightness), the Nitro 5 tapped out after only 4 hours and 22 minutes. 

The battery life the Nitro 5 offers is pretty well in line with most gaming laptops, which is made more impressive considering the bargain price. You should be able to get over five hours of life if you play it safe, but while gaming, you'll no doubt want to keep your charger nearby

Mine giving just one hour, what should i do?

Thanks for your question

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

• GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Sayobaid said:
    Sayobaid said:

What Are are you doing in laptop?

• Sayobaid
    Sayobaid said:
    Sayobaid said:

Just web surfing

Thanks for your question

• GAMING6698
    Sayobaid said:
    Sayobaid said:
    Sayobaid said:

Just web surfing

may be this is normal but you can try this-
    Battery Report can also show you your recent usage statistics. There’s also Battery capacity history section so you can easily view how your full charge capacity changes over time.
    Open Command Prompt as administrator. To do that, press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin). When Command Prompt opens, enter powercfg /batteryreport command and run it.
    From this section you can see how much time your device spent using a battery or wall outlet.

Open the Device Manager. Under "Batteries" you should see three items, one for the battery, another for the charger, and a third listed as "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery". Open each item, which will bring up a Properties window. Under the "Driver" tab, you'll see a button labeled "Update Driver." Go through the driver update process for all three. Once the drivers are all up to date, reboot the laptop and plug it in again. If this doesn't resolve the problem, uninstall "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" completely and reboot.

• KawanContractor
    KawanContractor Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought acer nitro 5 i5 (8gen) and give me battery life of only 2 hour's on non usage not even while using Chrome or else other browsers