ACER Spin 3 No boot device

prema
prema Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone, i have acer spin 3. Suddenly when i start the laptop ,screen say "no bootable device",after i check in bios,there are no boot device are available.
i have try everything that i found on internet regarding this problem,like enable f12 boot menu,etc. even the boot mode option not appear in bios.please help

Answers

• Padgett2
    Padgett2 ACE Posts: 23 Pioneer
    edited March 2020
    I'd boot from the recovery drive (you do have one ?) And see if it can find a restore point. If it is really a hardware failure then you have a replaceable drive, I'd R&R it or mount as a slave in a different machine. If that fails either contact Acer support or a recovery service. Other than that your best bet is a neighborhood nerd.

BTW your BIOS is saying it can talk to a Hitachi HTS5450 500gb SATA mounted as drive 1, nothing on drive 0. Do you just have one drive on the device ? I'd think of it as an opportunity to replace the slow rotating drive with an SSD. 500 GB EVO is under $80 on Amazon.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer
    Which Spin 3 do you have? Did it come with two drives or just the one? In the BIOS is it set for UEFI boot or Legacy? Which OS is installed?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.